3400 with 260whp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 with 260whp

What is the most efficient way to get around 260whp (5 speed getreg in a 94 cavy z24 still 3.1 will be swapping over to the 3400) in a 2000 up 3400. That's all i want. I was planning on getting the adapter setup from www.moates.net for tuning.

will a simple intake and custom exhaust do this? also is it possible to do true duals in a 94 cavy? (with out the response of with enough money anything can be done bs)

Btw i just bought the thing and already go thte chance to custom paint it. need front and rear bumpers though lol.
    You know that sun viser that doesn\'t quite go down when the sun is there and then when you are driving with it down and you can\'t see the stoplights ? Well... that\'s why my fiero isn\'t at the shop yet....

Uhhh, no. WAI or CAI and any amount of exhaust work will get you 200ish WHP at best.

Easiet way to get to your HP goals is to use a turbo.

Duals could be done, but there's no need, you'd only be able to run dual 2" at most IIRC, where a single 2.5 to 3" will outfloe that set=up and actually work better on the V6, than duals.

Comment

Is there someone making a custom turbo manifold for this engine? technically one could tune it like the old 300zx v6 3.0 turbo. needing no intercooler and keeping it at low boost with just a t3. so there is also little lag if any at all. a t3 with a boost controller is good to about 285ish hp. also if it is going to take a turbo to do that. what is "more involved" in the LQ1 swap? seeing that it is more powerful from the get-go.
      Last edited by vega; 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM.
      You know that sun viser that doesn\'t quite go down when the sun is there and then when you are driving with it down and you can\'t see the stoplights ? Well... that\'s why my fiero isn\'t at the shop yet....

Comment

Lq1 will not work in a J-body, no way no how without massive frame work. it's just entirely too massive.

260hp on a 3400 is easy as pie with any half decent turbo setup.

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
        Cammed 3500 --> ???
        1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Ok then i am going to stick with the 3400 does anyone make a turbo manifold for the intake and header? or at the very least pictures or how to's so i can make my own setup. btw i hav a full garage and have turboed befor but i would like to see what ya'll have done rather than basing it on my import history IE honda/nissan. and the fiero did not have a turbo so.... also in the 3400 what are the pistons/connecting rods rated for hp wise?

Comment

You can also do a V1 Supercharger instead of the turbo. The only issue with a supercharger is you will not have AC anymore. With a 3400 i'm getting over 250+hp out of a Fiero GT..

Comment

with a 3400 260 hp should not be to hard i dont think if you build it right i could be wrong i am kinda new to this v6 stuff too but a good 3400 starts with 190 hp stock right ?
              with higher commpression a good cam and some porting a free flowing exhaust system you should be close to 240 i would say and if you want somthing extra you can always spray it !!!
              01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

i think 260 hp in a 3.4 is doable - i just think that no one has taken the time to actually attempt it because most everyone is sitting around saying that it cant be done. if you wanna go for 260hp, then do you research and go for it. dont let anyone tell you that you cant do something -- you can always try

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
                Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
                West Coast F-Bodies Car Club

Comment

Check out Whitelightning's car. His is a 3500, but you could bolt on the 3500 top end. He's got cam, and long tube headers. I'm not sure if he upped the compression I can't remember. But his would give you a good idea of where you stand once he get's it going and dynoed or run down the 1/4.
                  sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                  1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                  16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                  Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                    Check out Whitelightning's car. His is a 3500, but you could bolt on the 3500 top end. He's got cam, and long tube headers. I'm not sure if he upped the compression I can't remember. But his would give you a good idea of where you stand once he get's it going and dynoed or run down the 1/4.

I'm pretty sure he's stock SCR, because he's using the stock pistons. Unless he's shaved the head, whihc I haven't seen any mention of, he should be stock SCR.

260 HP is doable, just not without getting into a full build, that requires some pretty stout parts in N/A trim.

Anyone who has used a turbo has had either close to or over 300 HP at the wheels, with a 3400 and and about 8 to 12 PSIG boost on stock heeads and cam.

Comment

I'm using thinner headgaskets which is possible on the 3500 but not the 3400. SCR is between 10.5 and 10.8.

260 HP on a 3400 is going to need a cam and some good quality port work. It can be done w/o headers as well. Moonwell's 3400Z is pushing atleast 260 HP. Probably a bit higher once he installs the headers.
                      Past Builds;
                      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                      Current Project;
                      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                        I'm using thinner headgaskets which is possible on the 3500 but not the 3400. SCR is between 10.5 and 10.8.

Are you using the iron head gaskets or what? Or did you go custom? Also how thick did you go or should I say thin?

Comment

He's using aftermarket ironhead gaskets, that are even thinner.... With a 3400 you cant use the gaskets he's using unless you have .020(IIRC) milled off the pistons, or the valves will hit.... crazy ass wanted me to do just that, to bump my compression.... sheesh

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
                          Cammed 3500 --> ???
                          1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Originally posted by pw8penguins View Post
                            You can also do a V1 Supercharger instead of the turbo. The only issue with a supercharger is you will not have AC anymore. With a 3400 i'm getting over 250+hp out of a Fiero GT..
                            Actually that would ideal. is the V1 supercharger i can pickup out of a junkyard. or is it going to cost me 2 grand or more. if it is the 2k than i will go turbo - i can build a turbo kit for cheaper. do you have any pictures of your setup? btw- i would rather not ac - i never use it and it is just a power loss for something i never use. i did look around the internet and i see not alot on it via Google. in fact i found nothing called a v1 supercharger. the only superchargers i am seeing is the m90 series from the junkyard for the Buick motor and the ford 3.8 v6.
                            Last edited by vega; 04-26-2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post

260 HP on a 3400 is going to need a cam and some good quality port work. It can be done w/o headers as well. Moonwell's 3400Z is pushing atleast 260 HP. Probably a bit higher once he installs the headers.
                              what cam from who do you recommend? its really not that hard to put a simple cam in as long as the motor is going to be out any way....

Comment

Working...
                              X