3400 with 7730 chip please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400 with 7730 chip please

I am installing a stock everything (besides egr delete) 3400 into my fiero and switching over to a 7730 computer. I was wondering if anyone here could burn me a chip? If not i could buy a chip burner then i would need someone to email me the tables or something, right? I have the engine nearly installed but need a chip and i cant afford tunning equipment at this time (poor college kid). Thanks!

im doing kinda the same thing...

start with a 3.1 prom that fits close to your application (if urs is a manual, get a prom from a manual). a 3.1 prom should get you started. ill be using one from a 90-92 z24 cav for my inital run.
    check out pff (pennocks fiero forum, fiero.nl) and search for a post with '7730' as the criteria. look around and ull find the thread on using the 7730. i think it was posted by 'sinister'. there is info in there on a tuner who was doing starter tunes to get you rolli. best bet is to go down anfd have it dyno tuned...

hope this helps
    3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
    96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
    2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
    1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

Did u still need the manifolds never heard back from u after u pmd me again
      94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

what injectors are you planning on using?
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Sorry I am not going to buy the manifolds, I am running out of money and wont have enough to build an extensive custom exhaust, I am really sorry I didnt get back to you i forgot that i had sent you that last pm.

I will be using the stock injectors, i dont want to go backwards with the engine and use the older injectors, because of that i also dont think a stock 3.1 chip would run very good at all.

Comment

'to get you started' was the key words. no it wont be perfect, but it will get the car drivable...or at least to get the car to the dyno
            3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
            96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
            1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

ok, so it wont hurt the engine running lean with the stock tune, well i think i will give that a try then

Comment

well hopefully you have a afr gauge to tell you if you are going lean. using the bigger injectors with a program written for smaller injectors should keep you outa the red. just dont go WOT untill you get it on a dyno with a wideband.

Comment

Originally posted by merlot566jka View Post
                  just dont go WOT untill you get it on a dyno with a wideband.
                  What will dynoing it with a wideband do? You can't just "dyno-tune" these cars. You have to have the proper software to modify the code and burn chips. Or you have to have an emulator. You can't just hook up a laptop to the computer and tune it. Most dyno places don't even know how to tune these gm computers.

My advice. Use the stock 3.1 chip and pre00 (3x00) injectors and fpr. I have this setup on my 90z24 and it runs great. Until you can afford the proper components to tune your own chip.

See http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/gett...ng-t73503.html for some info on tuning the 7730 ecm.

-Joseph

1987 Fiero SE/Fastback - 3500 Turbo / OBD1 / '92 FWD Getrag 282

Comment

I just finished rounding up some info on this myself. For my plan I was told to use the Beretta 3.1 V6 wiring diagram for the 730 ecm and then I could use the TGP programming for turbocharging, and if I wanted to use the wastegate signal I could use the same pin used on the 749 ecm for the Syclone to control it but not the entire 749 wiring. I guess a dyno run could help in letting you know where you stand as far as how urgent an actual chip reprogram is needed. You might be able to do some general range adjustment if you can adjust fuel pressure or go up or down a little in flow with a fuel injector change. An AFR gauge would be cheaper than a dyno run though. I was in PepBoys about a week ago helping a friend who connected his new car battery backwards and noticed they have some very nice gauges at one of the best prices I've seen in a long time, about $30 ea for almost all of the essentials high on my list like an oil temp gauge to keep up with the turbos and AFR gauge etc. I had to get out of there before the impulse spending kicked in.

Comment

Working...
                    X