This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will 3.8 heads work on a 3.1?

i know a guy thats claiming that hes gonna put 3.8 heads on his 3.1-and that hes done it before-is this possible?

you can't be serious.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I want proof that it has been done before. Other than that... With a little help from ANYTHING is dreamable.
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Funniest thing I have seen today.
        1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
        1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
        Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
          I want proof that it has been done before. Other than that... With a little help from ANYTHING is dreamable.

I think LSD or mushrooms would be more likely.
          Links:
          WOT-Tech.com
          FaceBook
          Instagram

Comment

and im gonna put 455 pontiac heads on an ls1

Comment

screw that, im using 2 geo metro 1.0 heads for extra compression.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by no_doz View Post
                i know a guy thats claiming that hes gonna put 3.8 heads on his 3.1-and that hes done it before-is this possible?
                No, they will not come close to bolting up or working as the engines are 2 totally different designes.

He's full of shit
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

He's claiming he's "gonna" put them on?

Heh.... this is one of those cases where I'd just be like..... "sweet, you'll have to let me check that shit out when it's done"

Then later if he tells you they didn't work you can just grin and say "that suck" although deep down inside you're laughing. Or he'll tell you it didn't work and you can break the news that they're totally different engines and other fact based information that you learn along the way.
                  97 Cavalier RS
                  3400, Isuzu MK7

Comment

/\ i wouldnt be so nice. I would call the guy a retard from the start.
                    Lots of mods cost lots of $$
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

lol thats what i told him, the kid is a friend and has an early 90's beretta with the 3 speed automatic transmission and was tryin to tell me his car does 140, that he cant take off as good as a 5 speed because his auto makes the tires spin more (stock motor-with an air filter, which i guess adds like 150 hp lol), that he was gonna put a corvette frame underneath of the beretta, that a northstar engine will bolt right in, as well as telling me that his motor was a 3100 although i looked at it and it is most definitely the early 90's 3.1 (i know they are very similar, but my understanding has been that a 3100 puts out 20 more hp that the old 3.1's-i think i heard it was a change in the intake? hell i dunno). well id certainly appreciate any input on this, if any of you guys that read all of this shit can stop laughing long enough to type.

thanks, Doz

Comment

wow a corvette frame under a beretta! Why not just keep the vette body and motor and put beretta badges on it! I didnt know unibody cars had frames.
                        Lots of mods cost lots of $$
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2598719/1

Comment

and ToTo too?

Comment

lol probably-if he wasnt a friend id rip him up and down, now i just kinda feel bad for that car-god knows what hes gonna do to that thing. im waitin for him to talk about how hes gonna put an rx7 block in it with the 3.8 heads and vette frame-and reed valves. lol

Comment

Well the northstar engine would bolt up, and someone is doing the rear end out of a C5 on their beretta, so that may be where he got his info
                              SpudFiles
                              Blast vegetables and whatever else you can think of!
                              Theopia
                              Enjoy life online.

1996 3500GP Coupe, "Bright White".
                              3500 swap, 60degreeV6 1393 Cam, Ported Intakes, Comp Cams Valve Springs, 65mm TB, Custom Pushrods, S&S Headers, 97 PCM with DHP Powrtuner, 2.5" back to dual Hooker Aerochambers, SS Brake Lines, Addco swaybar, KYB's, Intrax Springs, STB's, etc!

Comment

Working...
                              X