This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG My Engine is Toast

Wow....I thaught it was my time timing chain, well I kinda was right.

Cam gear pin was completely shreded, So how does a Cam gear completely move while driving full throttle??? Anyone!

Valves left valve imprint marks on all pistons, and 1 valve completely went threw one piston, and it is still stuck in the piston. WTF...
    Yeah those were Arias Forged performance Pistons...950 a set.

Cylinder Walls are completely scored, well boys after a Dyno tune, and acurately tuning the RSM set up with a steady 13 psi of boost. Though some may imply other wise. My engine (excluding the MAF=trans problem) was properly tuned and all acomidating performance parts were in place to produce an awsome engine. unless someone can suggest improper instalation..I dont think these 3400 engines are capable of producing a reliable 350 Hp on a daily driven car.

Im getting rid of that junk and buying a mustang GT or Neon Srt4.
    Last edited by john_V63400; 11-01-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

so you had no maf?
      I've seen close to 350hp out of a stock engine personally with no issues..

Comment

350hp without some upgrades can expect failure. Hard to believe a valve went through a forged piston, got pics?
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

carnage pix are always welcome...

more than a few guys are getting more power without such issues, sometimes things just break.... not like you can control fracture points and fatigue limits of every part, even stock, things can give way on any engine at any time

Comment

Hard to believe you kept running it at boost w/o a MAF... The MAF just doesn't mess with the tranny settings, it also affects fueling, ESPECIALLY under boost. A 1-bar MAP sensor is NOT letting the PCM know what is going on in the engine, therefore your fueling will not be right, no matter how well you think it is tuned.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

sorry to hear. is the cam gear index pin a weakpoint? is there anything that can be done to make a hardend one?
              '86 Grand National

Comment

You cannot tune with a 1 bar and no maf...so you are entirely at fault, regardless of what you try to tell us.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Brad with the grand am when the MAF is unhooked the pcm defaults the tranny to the max pressure.

found that out when i was doing a ve tune. taking it out of park feels like your neutral dropping it and it slams into every gear.

you can send the supercharger this way if your all done with it.
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                    You cannot tune with a 1 bar and no maf...so you are entirely at fault, regardless of what you try to tell us.

Completely agree. Plus if the timing chain isn't broke and the bottom end is still holding the pistons on then the cam only stopped because of a gear or bearing failure. My guess is you did not torque the bolt right since the oil system on the 3X00 motors is very reliable. Unless of course there was no oil in it or you forgot something on the build and had no pressure.
                    1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                    1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                    Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

I'm not surprised, not one damn bit. You've constantly disregarded the advice of many brilliant minds here, it's only reasonable that you should pay for said sins.

You seem a lot better off in a Mustang or Peon anyways, tool.
                      Last edited by kflo 93 gt; 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM. Reason: To insert the word tool

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by kflo 93 gt View Post
                        I'm not surprised, not one damn bit. You've constantly disregarded the advice of many brilliant minds here, it's only reasonable that you should pay for said sins.

You seem a lot better off in a Mustang or Peon anyways, tool.
                        Ease up man.

He's had some bad luck, ok a lot.
                        Good luck with your new neon.
                        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
                        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

bad luck? No luck about it.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

No easing up from this angle, I've blown up enough engines and taken enough advice to know when someone has dropped the ball. And now he wants to act like it's the engine's fault.

No.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Sucks...

In before the lock!
                              Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X