3500 fiero failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 fiero failure

dunno what it was yet, ill find out in the morning....

its making a lot of noise on cyl 2 4 6 side. sounds like a rocker arm smashing into the intake port. gets louder with rpm. oil pressure is around 65-70 psi hot.

any guesses? ill know about 8 am tomorrow. im hoping i didnt drop a valve or something that would ruin the head, cyl or pistons
    3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
    96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
    2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo 6spd
    1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

pull the valve cover and see if you broke a rocker stud...
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Nooooo. WTF? Hope it's something small.

My turbo didn't last long, but it was a stupid mistake on my part. Hope that it's not as bad as expected. Hate it when a lot of work goes into a failure
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

im sure its nothing extreme. ill know in the morn.

im thinking its a rocker arm or maybe a valve.
        3500, 1280 cam and PR, ls6 valve springs, port and polished heads, ported lim, ported uim, 4.3 70mm tb, ported trueleo headers and y pipe ALL FOR SALE (minus the car)
        96 LT4 6spd corvette. 355, AI 215cc LT4 Comp CNC Heads, Prope SRS pistons, Ported intake, ARH long tubes, Corsa Indy Pace 4:10 gears
        1970 M35A2 Deuce and a Half, Spin on filters, Turned up IP, HIDs, Flat Black, 11.00x20 singles.

Comment

Collapsed lifters with bent pushrods with the added hint of smashed valves, MAYBE. No other noises?
          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

I know a couple of times now, I have had a rocker come loose. I know one of the times had to do with my sister-in-law, the other time, I think it just was not seated right and worked loose. The second one, it was fine when I started it, but 2 days later was making noise.
            Taylor
            1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
            1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
            1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
            1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
            "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

hmm, maybe thats it. i had to take my brother to work, so ill be out to my car in just a few mins...wish me luck

Comment

Where the rocker arm bolts torqued with a torque wrench or guestimated by feel? They shouldn't come loose if torqued properly.

Comment

rocker arms were fine. oil smelled like fuel. it was knocking on the botom end. i changed the oil (it flowed like water when the oil was 40*!!) and threw a rod on the way home. its dead. time to see if all pro used auto parts lives up to thier 3 year warranty.

the engine sounds like a coffee cann full of ball bearing in a paint shaker. its fucked.

and not to mention i have $97 to my name. im so bummed. im gonna go take a shower and go to bed. see you guys later
                  Last edited by merlot566jka; 01-08-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

that blows if that parts store dont give a u new motor throw a brick threw window!
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro 30th Anniversary 5Speed.
                    3800 V6 (i know its not a 60degree)
                    stock for now

--------------------
                    1993 Special Edtion/GTP
                    3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
                    CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
                    180 STAT. FUTURE MODS,50,000v COILS,FFP PULLEY,FFP DOGBONE!
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    VIDEO http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020589230

Comment

they are 2000 miles away....i cant throw that far

Comment

Shit. I hope they fix you up.
                        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                        Original L82 Longblock
                        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by merlot566jka View Post
                          they are 2000 miles away....i cant throw that far
                          Not from me

I wonder what failed? Fuel in your oil, hmmm...
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

it was running rich as hell....but im thinking leaking injectors? hell i dont know. i wont know for a while.

good news is that im getting a trailblazer this weekend so i can make it to work n back. only 61K miles and $9400 leather 4wd, loaded. im putting the fiero in the driveway till i get another 3500. i doubt allpro is going to live up to thier guarentee after what i went through with the cracked intakes. but im going to push em.

im going to take my time on this engine. maybe a wild cam? supercharger? turbo?

the entire ride home from the shop the oil pressure was around 45 and the coolant temp was around 225....funny stuff.

Comment

Mine came from the same place so I guess we'll see what their ratio of engines to grenades is soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X