250Hp 3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250Hp 3400

Would this be possible N/A? I am not very familiar with the 3400 but i am thinking up a new project and want to use the 3400. What kinds of modifications do the 3400 respond to best for me to achieve that number?

Sure, its possible. A ported 3500 top end, along with a cam, and raised compression will get you close, if not all the way there. Headers and all of the bolt on goodies will probably be necessary as well. Gimme about 6 weeks and I can let you know
    2006 AWD TBSS 12.538 @ 106.92 1.66 60' Bolt-ons only

Comment

I'm hoping for 250whp and that's a 3.4 with a 3500 top end and 11.5:1 compression.

I recently sold a 3500 block to a Midget racer who got 340hp out of a 3400.
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

Just from doing some reading around the site with 3500 top end and 3.4DOHC pistons i would be looking at around 12:4:1 compression?

Comment

That was with a .040 overbore. You would have close to that though with other bore sizes on a 3400. Camaro pistons would be in the 11.5:1 range.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ok cool thanks.

Comment

iron head 3.4 pistons, in a 3400, w/3500 top end will yield 11.5:1 cr?

Comment

my goal is 250whp, not sure if im gonna make it but i hope i get close

i think 250 is a magic number lol
                sigpic
                88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                  That was with a .040 overbore. You would have close to that though with other bore sizes on a 3400. Camaro pistons would be in the 11.5:1 range.
                  I keep wondering if the cylinder pressures from this setup would be too high for pump gas. Has anybody measured there static compression with this setup?
                  Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Its been ran on pump gas so I know it isn't too much. Just need to tune
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

3400 with 3.4 iron head pistons, p&p 3500 heads and LIM/UIM, 65mm TB, 210/215 dur-531/531 lift WOT-TECH cam and I'm looking for 250 whp running on 93 octane Shell gasoline. Although I can get 100 octane Turbo Blue if it is needed to get bigger numbers. The new Cadillac v6 is running 11.3:1 on 89 octane accorging to Road and Track mag.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymossville View Post
                        The new Cadillac v6 is running 11.3:1 on 89 octane accorging to Road and Track mag.
                        Bear in mind that you are referring to the DI (direct-injection) motor, which injects the fuel at much higer pressues directly into the combustion chamber (instead of the intake port).
                        Direct injection is one of the key things that allows higher static compression on less octane.
                        Matt
                        2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
                        3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

11.5:1 is not that high for AL heads. A freind of mine has an El Camino with a 327 TPI/DFI running 10.5:1 on 87 octane, and has been since 1990.
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            11.5:1 is not that high for AL heads. A freind of mine has an El Camino with a 327 TPI/DFI running 10.5:1 on 87 octane, and has been since 1990.
                            It must be tuned well. Impressive.
                            Matt
                            2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
                            3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

Not necessarily. Cam choice has an enormously huge impact on cylinder pressure. The more overlap you have the less cylinder pressure you will build.
                              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X