Where to find roller core??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find roller core??

What year/model car can I find a solid-core roller cam? I'm having a custom grind done by delta.
    Increasingly I find the difference between a "fact" and an opinion is the number of people who believe it.

3.4 block converted to roller valvetrain with 220/225 cam on 115 lsa, '769' heads with 3500 valves, LS6 springs & porting, twin T04E turbos, 3500 plenum with ported 3400 lower & 'short star' 65mm throttle.

No cars came with a solid core roller cam.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by 85maro View Post
      What year/model car can I find a solid-core roller cam? I'm having a custom grind done by delta.
      correct, you can get one from ben though iirc, but you have to know the year of the block to see what cam sensor you are running, cam has to coincide w the sensor...here are the specs

then click on stock cams on the bottom and itll tell u what cam goes with what sensor, they are the same as opposed to cam journal dia and such so they will all fit in any block, but you need to keep the sensor/cam together

Comment

It's a rwd 3.4 block. The cam sensor's only going to serve as a plug for now, but I do plan on keeping it in case I ever decide to step up to sfi. So who's ben? I don't frequent this site much anymore.
        Increasingly I find the difference between a "fact" and an opinion is the number of people who believe it.

3.4 block converted to roller valvetrain with 220/225 cam on 115 lsa, '769' heads with 3500 valves, LS6 springs & porting, twin T04E turbos, 3500 plenum with ported 3400 lower & 'short star' 65mm throttle.

Comment

wot-tech.com. I sell stock cams for 175 plus shipping. I also sell reground cams. So you want to use a gen 3 cam in a gen 1 block?
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yep. What do you charge for regrinds?

Comment

check out the wot-tech banner at the top then go to 3400 and camshafts, you can look at them there

Comment

329.99 now. Cam cores went up. I haven't had to order a stock cam to know what it actually costs since I get them local. I was able to sell them for 175 before so I hope i still can.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by gectek View Post
                  cam has to coincide w the sensor...here are the specs

Not true. I'm using a '03 style cam with a '96 sensor...
                  1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
                  Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                  Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                  1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                  Daily Driver

Comment

well yours doesnt matter because it really doesnt care where the cam is, its still batch fire, sequential needs to know, and you can also get some crane and prob comp cams that are roller for your gen I block

Comment

Talking about mine or his? cause I know I have sequential
                      Last edited by loner666; 06-13-2008, 01:36 AM.
                      1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
                      Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                      Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                      1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                      Daily Driver

Comment

cam sensors to cams don't matter, I just ordered my cam as a cam, never told Ben what sensor I had, I'm currently running a 05 sensor on a 97 ECM with a who knows what style cam cutout...

Its a HAL effect sensor... Leading edge, they all reside in the same spot so it knows were #1 is opening the intake.

Got Lope?
                        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

but the pulses sent by the cam timing mark are different...
                          and i was talking about his engine
                          im just going off of what the site article says, but if you can use any cam then i guess it really doesnt matter after all

Comment

I've used various year cams on various year sensors and various year ecm's, for example my 00+ 3400 was running with a 94 sensor in it... NEVER threw a code once and my SFI always worked... since yeah it would throw a code if the cam didn't agree with the crank.

Got Lope?
                            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

okie dokie...maybe ben can keep this in mind when getting solid core cams...the earlier model solid 3400 cams were cheaper or easier to get iirc

Comment

Working...
                              X