This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon: Higher Ratio Rockers

I was going to wait, but I can't. This is too good to sit on Scoggin Dickey is backing Scorpion to have higher ratio aluminum rockers for the 3100 3400 and 3500 engines. These will be pedestal mounted as a drop in and go deal. 1.7 and 1.8 at least, with possibly 1.65 and 1.75. I don't know if we need those .05s in there but its an option. Scorpion has given it the greenlight, which is why I am posting.

Pricing soon. We are looking to offer them in sets of 6, so that you can mix and match intake/exhaust. I feel this is vital to get the best setup for every application.

May as well share a few more bits of info since this is a pretty big annoucement for the 60V6 community. Manley is making their super duty valves (race master exhaust and race flo intake) for the 3400 3500 and 3900 motors. I am designing the valves to optimize flow with extensive testing being done on the flowbench to get this right. For those running boost, or just wanting the best, these will be by far the best on the market. You can thank Scoggin Dickey for this as well. I am working with John at SD on anything 60V6 they will let me get my hands on

This also means im extremely busy. The site/store will be updated eventually, once this R&D session has produced something we can all be proud of
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Excellent News!!!!!!
    Your local OBDII moderator

2000 Grand Am GT w/ WOT parts

Comment

Flippin sweet.... Too bad it may cost and arm and a leg tho...

Oh are these rockers FULL roller too?

Damn, 1.7's would put my cam to a 549/603 lift cam... HOLY HELL... 581/639 on 1.8's

the 1.65 may be a good idea, that gives some a minor jump if they dont want to go so high, 533/586 on mine for example.
      Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 08-21-2008, 11:02 AM.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
        Damn, 1.7's would put my cam to a 549/603 lift cam... HOLY HELL... 581/639 on 1.8's
        And your valves possibly right into the top of the pistons. It's exciting news and suggestive of the start of long overdue recognition of the 60 degree V6 potential especially since they are rivaling V8 output as high as the mid 1990s on just over half the displacement.

Someone brought my attention to a tool that can be purchased to flycut your own piston valve reliefs which I've been looking at since I found some drop in forged LS1 pistons. For boost it would be more effective to install the largest exhaust valve that will fit.

Comment

I'm curious of how much ratio change would cause valve interferience... I'm not even sure what clearances I have right now.

Got Lope?
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

This is Epic!

Makes me want to start another project!
            Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
            02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
            www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

so necessary....

Got Lope?

Comment

About the cost of a cam is the general idea. Should have a real price soon, which is why I already posted. You can run over .600 lift without a problem on the comp 26986 springs. John wanted 1.65 for the slight bump as well so perhaps more of those should be made.

Full roller, like the LS1 rockers Scorpion makes.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yah, i will say a large thank you to the community for supporting everyone, and since i am here at SD i will do my damnest to make the highest quality parts for our cars. I am going to be one of the first to use the manley stuff on my engine, and i have a project as well that will use them also. I am working directly with the companies, so there is no middle man. The good news is all of this will be available very soon to anyone. We will offer these parts off our website and off our cataloge, and they will be stocking parts, no more one off crap. good parts at good pricing...scratch that awesome parts at great pricing. So now you wont have to pay so much to play anymore...I am working on alot of parts, but these are the first to come down the pipe. We at SD may also offer performance FWD transmissions using all the newest Raybestos parts, as well as being a raybestos dist possibly, and looking at getting a bunch of off shelf parts made. I will also have an update thread for parts that are already on the market that will fit the engines as well. Now is my chance to help out, and ill make sure it counts. I cannot let all the secrets out yet, but there are more amazing parts to come from SD...

Comment

id be down for a set of 1.65's as well. ive been wanting these forever.

kick ass news.
                    sigpic
                    99 Grand Am GT
                    3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                    Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                    1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                    515 515 lift 112 lsa
                    15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                      Flippin sweet.... Too bad it may cost and arm and a leg tho...

Oh are these rockers FULL roller too?

the 1.65 may be a good idea, that gives some a minor jump if they dont want to go so high, 533/586 on mine for example.
                      not so much an arm and a leg, just about what you would pay for normal off shelf perf parts...and i liked the 1.65 as well, gain a little of seat dur and some lift...plus keeping it smaller for no piston to valve contact, just like in the old days with the old skool pontiacs...thats all they did, use the same cam go with bigger rockers...and yes full roller lightweight alum alloy MADE to fit

Comment

Where is this piston to valve contact idea coming from? 1331 grind with 3.4 DOHC pistons had over .200" clearance.
                        Ben
                        60DegreeV6.com
                        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

This is great news I cant wait to see some of these parts going in our cars.
                          sigpic
                          ----------
                          BUILT Turbo 3400/4t65e-HD powered Grand AM in the making.

Comment

wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
                            3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
                            Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
                            2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
                            TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                              Where is this piston to valve contact idea coming from? 1331 grind with 3.4 DOHC pistons had over .200" clearance.
                              thats good news because I have a 1331 exhaust lobe

It was just mentioned before not sure why really. As long as you say they will work for my application I'll probably be going for a set of 1.65's MAYBE 1.7's if I'm crazy enough...

Time to get some LS1 or is it LT1 lifter internals...

Oh any high rev anti pump down lifters at the end of this performance parts tunnel??

Got Lope?

Comment

Working...
                              X