Some new 60V6 products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new 60V6 products

I am working on getting our website updated but wanted to let everyone know that we have been running small batches of several new items.

1) Camshaft installation handles.

2) LZ Camshaft bearing sleeve kits for use with SBC or GEN-III bearings. These allow the use of GEN-III cams and TC sets in the LZ engines. Will not work with OBD-II due to cam position sensor location on the LZ engines.

3) Billet Valve covers (Flat and Finned) for use on GEN-III engines. Will not fit under stock alternator location on FWD vehicles.

New items coming soon include:

1) Billet AFPR conversion kits. (being machined now)

2) Installation tools for bearing spacers.

3) Single roller timing chain sets for GEN-III engines. These will install with no mods to crank, block or front cover.

Couple of shots of the valve covers.

Last edited by CNCguy; 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM.
    MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
    '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
    http://www.tcemotorsports.com
    http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Braided sensor wiring? You go all out don't you:P Nice looking stuff. Is that front valve cover available seperate?
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Cool....how's about an electric WP for FWD Gen III's?
      Very excited to see the single roller setup.
      Matt
      2000 Oldsmobile Alero GLS sedan
      3400/3500 hybrid, Diamond Racing forged pistons, Scat I-beams, TCE DRTC, ported heads, WOT Race cam, PAC 1518s, Manley valves, F40 6-speed with Quaife LSD

Comment

looking good
        sigpic
        88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

Comment

I think the braided wiring really cleans up the engine. Just have to be sure everything is right the first time. Thanks. They would look much better if they were polished though. I was thinking about having the finned covers powder coated flat black and re-cut the faces afterwards.

We made two of each on this run but plan to make more in the near future and will be selling them individually if people want. Currently, the same cover is used on both sides of the engine.

I am talking with a molder about possibly molding some valve covers from the same composite material that intakes, TB and other valve covers are made from. Even though they can mold them in various colors, they just won't have the bling of a billet part.
          MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
          '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5

Comment

Matt... I have thrown around the idea of a bolt-in electric water pump but it is further down the list as of now. Too many projects to do.
            MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
            '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5

Comment

Looking good as always, any ETA on the single roller sets?

I have a high compression project that I will be working on, and would love to use a singe roller setup.
              2000 Grand Am GT
              2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Great Job! Its always nice to see more products made available for our engines.
                sigpic
                ----------
                BUILT Turbo 3400/4t65e-HD powered Grand AM in the making.

Comment

Wowzers!!!! I'm going to want just 1 of the finned valve covers lol, and also the single roller timing set will be on my list.

I love the new work!

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

Very nice stuff as always. I may be interested in an electric water pump depending on when you get around to it. How about better fuel rails? I only know of stock ones being available right now but maybe Im wrong?
                    1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
                    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
                    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
                    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
                    Daily Driver

Comment

CNC take a look at this adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I'm going to replace my current modified OE regulator with. It has a bypass that makes it perfect for use with the returnless fuel rail on the new engines as well as an extra port to mount a pressure gauge on.

Read over the pdf file with the specifics on it at the bottom of the page.

Perhaps you can fabricate some adjustable high flow fuel rails to accept the standard length and shorty style fuel injectors, or make and adaptor for the early style rail that makes it possible to use it with both injector types. Since it has one threaded end the other can be blocked off to make it work with the regulator.
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-22-2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
                        CNC take a look at this adjustable fuel pressure regulator that I'm going to replace my current modified OE regulator with. It has a bypass that makes it perfect for use with the returnless fuel rail on the new engines as well as an extra port to mount a pressure gauge on.

Read over the pdf file with the specifics on it at the bottom of the page.

Perhaps you can fabricate some adjustable high flow fuel rails to accept the standard length and shorty style fuel injectors, or make and adaptor for the early style rail that makes it possible to use it with both injector types. Since it has one threaded end the other can be blocked off to make it work with the regulator.

I like the Mallory unit and am using one on the MinusOne with the GEN-III AN-6 adapters. This should flow almost twice as much as a stock setup since both rails being fed fuel. It is hard to see the line routing in the pic but the AFPR has a fuel feed line from the pump, a return line to the tank and two lines feeding the fuel rails. I chose to use hard lines since my regulator is mounted to engine but flexible lines could be used if needed.

The newer GM returnless fuel rails aren't as friendly to modifications since they appear to be a brazed assembly with a small single input line.

I will look into some adapters for the shorter injectors.

BTW... Joseph, the spacers went out yesterday via USPS.
                        MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                        '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5

Comment

2) Does this mean no cam sensor, which also means no OBD1."5" cars either? Hmm I guess that doesn't matter you can't tune OBD1."5" anyways so you'd be going MS or whatever anyways LOL. I think you could probably run OBD2 if you just disabled the SFI error codes as that's all the cam sensor is used for. It will default to MPFI mode, but not sure how well it can run like that.

3) Will it fit under stock front coolant pipe on FWD? Click my sig for larger image/site. Do they have the baffles like stock on the inside that keeps the oil from splashing near the PCV and vent hole?

Will that single roller chain be stronger than stock link style?
                          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

2) LZ Camshaft bearing sleeve kits for use with SBC or GEN-III bearings. These allow the use of GEN-III cams and TC sets in the LZ engines. Will not work with OBD-II due to cam position sensor location on the LZ engines.

so that means we could use a 3400 cam and timing cover on the 3900 motor ?
                            if so i can't wait for this !
                            oh and i got to find me a 3900!!!
                            01 olds shilluette 3400/4T65-E stock for now

Comment

screw everything else, i wanna know more about the ITBs!!
                              sigpic
                              88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

Comment

Working...
                              X