"press-on" 7x timing wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "press-on" 7x timing wheel

I heard that there was someone on this site selling a "press-on", 7x timing wheel that replace the 3500 52x (or whatever) crank trigger.

I dont have the space infront of my motor to run an external crank trigger on the balancer due to the mounting of my turbo. Can anyone help?
    Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

You should contact JosephUpson as he had one/some made. He is a member of this board.
    MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
    '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
    http://www.tcemotorsports.com
    http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

You will also need to space out the crank sensor ~1/4-3/8" so that it will not hit the crank, as the ring mounts outside where the original wheel was.
      -Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

You'll need to possibly address sealing of the crank sensor then, cause probably the o-ring is at the very back of the sensor I think. Just a thought.
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

RTV FTW....or just notch the plastic and put in another o ring

Comment

Could just use a washer with a gasket on each side.
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Could just use a washer with a gasket on each side.
              I used some valve spring shims I had and if I recall correctly the stock O-ring still comes in contact with the bore, whatever the case I have not had any leak problems that I've noticed. I'll try to contact the guy that made the rings for me again. Basically once heated the ring drops in place and shrinks tight on the crank as it cools but I still used set screws for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
                I used some valve spring shims I had and if I recall correctly the stock O-ring still comes in contact with the bore, whatever the case I have not had any leak problems that I've noticed. I'll try to contact the guy that made the rings for me again. Basically once heated the ring drops in place and shrinks tight on the crank as it cools but I still used set screws for it.
                If you still have the inside dimensions of the ring, I can probably make them here. Seems that even using a 3500 crank with smaller rod pins would be a cheap way for us to have better crank for earlier motors - and I would be more than willing to be part of that
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

i likes the idea of using a 3500 engine without having to use the TCE front timing adapter...i know its a quality piece, but i like everything neat and clean and lookin like stock. sleeper ftmfw...and if you get a price on the ring Joseph, let me know too...and how much to install it

Comment

I can measure what the inside diameter would have to be tonight.
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                      I can measure what the inside diameter would have to be tonight.
                      Has to be withing .0003"-.0005" or so for a press fit. Not sure you will see that with calipers (maybe quality digitals).
                      Links:
                      WOT-Tech.com
                      FaceBook
                      Instagram

Comment

this doesnt have anything to do with youre post but turbo3400 tko600? post a video of that beast..PLEASE!
                        [SIGPIC]
                        12.268@117... 11's to come!
                        turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
                        ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightriderZ24 View Post
                          this doesnt have anything to do with youre post but turbo3400 tko600? post a video of that beast..PLEASE!
                          Ahhem, it's about to be a boosted 3500
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

The "beast", as you put it, is in intensive care right now recovering from flood damage. Ike messed me up pretty good. The car ended up under 4-1/2 of nasty flood water.

Im in the midst of removing the dash to gut any uneccessary electronics. (radio, h-vac, old instrument wrining etc.) The car will don a new analog dash assembled with modular autometer gauges. (for simplicity).

Im keeping the ecu to control the abs.
                            Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

If it was in that deep of water, you might want to get a whole new harness from a junkyard car. I remember seeing on a show like 60 minutes or something many years ago where people were getting flooded cars from places like Florida, bringing them up here to the north, cleaning the interior and replacing stuff like carpet and selling them for good prices due to the "good" shape of the car. Many of them had severe electrical problems if they didn't catch fire from the corroded connections in the harnesses. Just a friendly FYI. I would hate to see someone put that much dough into a car just to have it burst into flames and burn to the ground a few months later.
                              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                              Originally posted by Jay Leno
                              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
                              X