.528 lift cam. Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .528 lift cam. Issues?

How much lift can the stock 3500 head with ls6 springs accomodate?

The cam grind that Im using is a schnieder recomended 270, 260, @ .050 114 LCL w/ .528 lift. (cant remeber exhaust) . Will I run into coil bind issues if im using ls6 springs?
    Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Mounted on the heads with the LS1 seats, they coild bind at .5613". .528" is pushing it. I thought you were going to get some Comp springs?
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

If you can it would be a good idea to reposition your wastegate so that it is upright. If for some reason you have to let the car sit for a long time condensation can cause rust around the valve and ring seat. I noticed a little on the wategate I had installed upside down after it sat for about five months.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
        If you can it would be a good idea to reposition your wastegate so that it is upright. If for some reason you have to let the car sit for a long time condensation can cause rust around the valve and ring seat. I noticed a little on the wategate I had installed upside down after it sat for about five months.
        The housing and valve are both stainless. Shouldn't be too big a problem.

Originally posted by Forced_firebird
        Mounted on the heads with the LS1 seats, they coild bind at .5613". .528" is pushing it. I thought you were going to get some Comp springs?
        I was using the LS6 springs as a common reference since more people use them. Depends on how money flies after finishing the rotating assembly.
        Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

LS6 yellows are good for .500-.510 lift.. You can push it but they will break, or break something else.

Pick up the Comp 26915's.. they work with stock seats/seals and will handle around .600 lift. I run them with .549 and have no problems.
          Past Builds;
          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
          Current Project;
          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

I'm running them with .568 lift and I haven't had an issue yet either... Best bet is to invest in the Comp springs... Its nice to know they don't have as much of tendency to break under those conditions. Also the stock parts fitting them is awesome.

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
            X