3.4 Specs and Upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Specs and Upgrades?

I have a 93 Lumina that I'm thinking of swapping the 3.1 with a 3.4. From what I've read, the 3.4 is rated at 180hp and 205 ft. lbs. torque. I'd like to get it a little over 200 hp. What would be a good mod to get just a little more power out of it? What would be a good cam to go with? I found 2 cams, 212/212 dur @ .050 .440/.440 lift on a 110 lsa or 206/206 dur @ .050 .425/.425 lift on a 110 lsa. Any comments on these? Also, what is the stock rocker arm ratio on the 3.4? I'm not looking for extreme power as I also have a 650+ hp Camaro. Just looking to get a little more power than stock. Thanks!
    Supercharged '97 Camaro Z28

3400 is roller cam so those won't work. Stock is 197/197 and .430 lift with a 113 ICL and 112 LSA. 200 hp at the crank is pretty simple. A good tune, exhaust, and intake will get you in that area since you won't have a MAF sensor on a 93 3.1.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. Do you know what the stock rocker arm ratio is? And is there a good upgrade for them?
      Supercharged '97 Camaro Z28

Comment

1.6 is stock, and that is all that is currently available. Hopefully sometime this year, 1.7s will be available.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          3400 is roller cam so those won't work. Stock is 197/197 and .430 lift with a 113 ICL and 112 LSA. 200 hp at the crank is pretty simple. A good tune, exhaust, and intake will get you in that area since you won't have a MAF sensor on a 93 3.1.
          A MAF equipped vehicule would have a harder time to get 200 crank hp?
          Mike 60degree addict.
          Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
          sigpic
          65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

The MAF has a screen that restricts flow in order to get an accurate reading. I wouldn't say its a huge difference but the OBD1 MAP tuned gen 3 motors put down more power on a stock motor in swaps. That includes better exhaust too usually on the swaps so I can't quantify the difference for just the MAF itself.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

woudln't the maf be more accurate then the map? and in return give more hp? just a theory btw...
              Mike 60degree addict.
              Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
              sigpic
              65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

One is flow, the other is pressure. Neither is "more accurate" than the other when you tune both. O2 feedback makes adjustments for both setups. MAF measures flow before the throttlebody, and MAP measures pressure within the manifold itself. MAP should be more accurate on fast throttle changes and MAF should be more accurate at constant speeds but like I said, tuning makes up for both.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                X