Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Lumina and '93 Z34 Questions

Two Questions:

1. Does anybody know if a '94 3.1 Lumina is still OBD1?

2. If I put my 3400 hybrid in a '93 Z34 will it run on the DOHC computer or what mods will I have to make?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert has converted his car to run on OBDI DOHC 3.4 code and it's a 3100, so yes it will run, you just will have to tune it/import in your tables.

The ECM is the least of the worries. The mounts/etc would be the major thing to look into.

No idea on the 94.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

depends on how you define obd1/1.5

i say if it has a removable chip, its still obd1, if its a flash setup, i call it 1.5...

and a 94 3.1 uses the same PCM as the 91-93 3.4s(16149396, $DF)...

and am i reading correctly that you have both a 93 and 94 lumina?
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Both of these cars are available and I would like to buy one of them. I have my 3400, another mandrel 2.5" exh., Ostrich, etc. and I am just gauging my options before I buy. OBD 1.5 sucks and I have a fairly good OBD1 tune for my engine already. Ben sells a chip for '89-93 3.1 Luminas and he mentions that it will also fit the '94s so it makes me think that the '94 is still OBD1 but I'm not sure. I also thought that someone was running a 3X00 on a DOHC computer so I that I would throw this out there and see if anyone knew the answer. If Ben gets a chance maybe he can jump in here and enlighten us. I believe that he is the "60* GURU", is he not? Hell, that's why I buy WOT-TECH parts.

Comment

The 94 Lumina is still OBD-1, as it retained the 3.1L MPFI engine. It didn't get the 3100SFI until 95.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymossville View Post
            I also thought that someone was running a 3X00 on a DOHC computer
            as isaac mentioned that would be me and converting from 1.5 is easy enough now since i worked out all of the bugs already.

but that doesn't matter since neither of them are 1.5 anyways. since you're just going to rip the motor out anyways, i would just go for the car that has the better options.
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Whenever I get time, and nothing on my plate, I'll probably go to OBDI on mine as well. Maybe by then Robert will have a good 3100 tune that will run my large intakes/plenum/tb/exhaust as good as or better than the OBD1.5 until I get a WB...
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                Whenever I get time, and nothing on my plate, I'll probably go to OBDI on mine as well. Maybe by then Robert will have a good 3100 tune that will run my large intakes/plenum/tb/exhaust as good as or better than the OBD1.5 until I get a WB...
                thats assuming hell freezes over and i have the money to insure/drive the MC...

not that tough to get it running right using the LQ1 as a base for tuning, just remove ~20% spark and dial it up as necessary. the fuel curve for the 3100 matches very nicely as well, although its a little lean in the bottom and rich up top...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                X