who has the highest CR on 60*?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the highest CR on 60*?

out of curiosity-who (with a currently or formerly running engine) is running the highest compression ratio on 60* and what equipment are they running & on what fuel?

ive been searching & hearing some people are running 12:1-what equipment are they running if so & is anyone running any higher?

Im totally curious too lol.

Comment

i am also wondering
      92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

Eric in florida has 12.4:1. 3.4 DOHC pistons .040" over and 3500 heads. Premium pump gas is what he is running on. I have no video or anything and he never posts anywhere so its a complete mystery to me other than it runs.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

whats his name on here if you know
          94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

Beats me. I don't even know if he is on here. He is on gagt but I don't know his name on there either.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I ran 10.4:1 on 89 octane E-10 with no problems.
              Past Builds;
              1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
              1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
              Current Project;
              1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Didn't Taylor (3100MPFI) have over 12:1 on his?
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                  Eric in florida has 12.4:1. 3.4 DOHC pistons .040" over and 3500 heads. Premium pump gas is what he is running on. I have no video or anything and he never posts anywhere so its a complete mystery to me other than it runs.

I've seen his car once. He was on the florida gm forums and he contacted me to help him tune it. When I went over though he was having MAF and MAP issues and he ended up having a couple injectors that weren't firing too. Car would start but needed throttle to stay running and ran terrible. Some stuff was wired up wrong and last I heard he fixed them and the car would then stay running, but he never contacted me to come back and re-tune it. Haven't heard from him since and no idea if the car is still running or not.

I could tell even running poorly though that it was gonna be a mean engine!
                  '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                  '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                  13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                  Gotta love boost!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronGTR View Post
                    I've seen his car once. He was on the florida gm forums and he contacted me to help him tune it. When I went over though he was having MAF and MAP issues and he ended up having a couple injectors that weren't firing too. Car would start but needed throttle to stay running and ran terrible. Some stuff was wired up wrong and last I heard he fixed them and the car would then stay running, but he never contacted me to come back and re-tune it. Haven't heard from him since and no idea if the car is still running or not.

I could tell even running poorly though that it was gonna be a mean engine!

sounds like most of the guys building anything serious.

We are going to trash some bearings to get the CR we want, but when you look at 12psi that has been done a few times, calc it out and your are talking about 18+:1 CR. Pump gas.
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

yeah, he has a double roller now, new bearings, 2 engine fires now taken care of, and still no video or anything. Im giving serious consideration to a florida trip this winter.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        sounds like most of the guys building anything serious.

We are going to trash some bearings to get the CR we want, but when you look at 12psi that has been done a few times, calc it out and your are talking about 18+:1 CR. Pump gas.
                        true dat-whats the highest cr anyone is running with boost at this time? anyone know of anyone pushing 11:1+? i find it unlikely but with low boost you never know, it doesnt hurt to ask-maybe itll make somebody come outta the woodwork with something quite nasty...

Comment

My motor is 11.56:1, but it's not done and considering using the 3400 pistons instead. Effective CR with 9.1:1 SCR and 15psi is about 18:1, same as a motor with 11:1 and 4psi.
                          Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

There was someone in Ontario with an 80's S10 with a fbody 3.4 and an M90 running on pure propane. Had something like 11:1 CR with 15 lbs of boost on top of it. With the energy density of propane it wouldn't have been as powerful as with gas but still nothing to laugh at. There's a thread about it somewhere with videos.
                            1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                              yeah, he has a double roller now, new bearings, 2 engine fires now taken care of, and still no video or anything. Im giving serious consideration to a florida trip this winter.
                              If you do, we should all get together. He's only about 40min from me.

Originally posted by no_doz View Post
                              true dat-whats the highest cr anyone is running with boost at this time? anyone know of anyone pushing 11:1+? i find it unlikely but with low boost you never know, it doesnt hurt to ask-maybe itll make somebody come outta the woodwork with something quite nasty...
                              Well I'm running stock 9.6:1 with 8psi. I have no idea what effective CR that works out to though. Anyone know where there's a good calculator for that? i couldn't find one.
                              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                              Gotta love boost!

Comment

Working...
                              X