TCE crank trigger vs. other options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCE crank trigger vs. other options

I would like to buy a TCE external crank trigger but I'm looking to explore other options aswell. I know at one point in time someone was making a replacement ring that pressed on. Are there any other options? Does anyone know when the TCE unit will be back in stock?

Any help is appreciated.

It's a damn shame they can't keep up on these things because they work brilliantly.

I have over 1000 1/4 mile runs on mine and except for the lack of a bit of Loctite, it has never been a problem.

Comment

This is a low cost set up.http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/101029.html
      More detailed http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/103834.html
      Last edited by jdv; 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

That does look pretty cool, but I'm tired of fabricating. I'd like something I can just buy and install for once. I wonder if I can get someone to make it for me. LOL

Has anyone actually tried it in a FWD platform?

Comment

Originally posted by 92cavquest View Post
          Has anyone actually tried it in a FWD platform?

Originally posted by asylummotorsports View Post
          It's a damn shame they can't keep up on these things because they work brilliantly.

I have over 1000 1/4 mile runs on mine and except for the lack of a bit of Loctite, it has never been a problem.

Check his sig
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Not the TCE, the "other" one.

Comment

Ah, ok, ignore me then
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

um how do u download from the file den? I registered and it still fails.
                Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

altgho suporting wot-tech would be ideal there are a couple other places that sell them at the same price. if u would still want the trigger. this is in no way ment to bash or put down wot-tech, they seam to be a awsome company they just happen to be out or triggers.

u could try right from tce.

or here.
                  Last edited by gar70614; 10-22-2009, 07:07 AM.

Comment

TCE makes the triggers and supplies WOT-Tech. The reason WOT-Tech is out is because TCE hasn't had the time recently to make another run of them. Same goes with BCC...
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I have the TCE trigger, it's top notch quality. I'm sure they'll be back in stock soon.
                      Past Builds;
                      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                      Current Project;
                      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

They will be back in stock within a few days. We have one more operation to do and they will be finished.

I am designing a new mount that uses a fixed CPS location. Although it won't have the timing adjustment, it should be a little cheaper.

I had considered offering a replacement ring but feel that the majority of people prefer the option of not needing to disassemble their engine to put one in. Getting a ring mounted in the proper location is also an issue. The external wheel saves time, work and eliminates the chance of improper installation.
                        MinusOne - 3100 - 4T60E
                        '79 MGB - LZ9 - T5
                        http://www.tcemotorsports.com
                        http://www.britishcarconversions.com/lx9-conversion

Comment

I think I got the last one from WOT-Tech a few weeks ago.
                          The TCE unit really looks like a top notch piece.

I do have one mild concern... seeing how the reluctor wheel and CPS are now going to be external to the engine is there any risk of foreign debris damage? I don't mean impacts as much as the accumlation of dirt, grease, metal particles, etc?

I'm not sure if it came with any instructions. Install seems simple enough, but, is there a shimming process to get the right clearance between the CPS and reluctor wheel - or should it be dead on as is?
                          1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
                          1994 Corvette
                          LT1/ZF6
                          2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                          3.7/42RLE

Comment

Should be dead on as is. Stock is in a bath of hot oil, so I think this external will be fine. Its a magnet/metal deal, so not much of an issue for dirt and grease until it contains a lot of metal.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Mine may be one of the longest running ones and the only issue I have ever had is me not loctiting the damn thing to the engine and it FINALLY came loose and cost me a sensor. AFTER THREE YEARS!

And I have never really bought into the adjustable timing element. The computer would likely just correct it no matter where you set it.

My .02

Comment

Working...
                              X