Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno'd my car - 3400 S/C

I was quite surprised with the results.

WAY lean over 5200 RPM, but I try to avoid that area. Next year comes larger injectors and the 00+ FPR so I can get some more fuel up top all tuned on (hopefully) Code$59.

The best thing is that my buddies camera couldn't pick up the audio properly and my Greddy Type S sounds like babies crying, haha, it's kinda funny. It most certainly doesn't sound like that in person.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Note my car was very dirty as I drove 300 miles to the dyno, in the rain. (and 300 miles back home too.)
    11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
    10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Very nice numbers!

You weren't kidding about the blow off valve lol
    sigpic
    ----------
    BUILT Turbo 3400/4t65e-HD powered Grand AM in the making.

Comment

i laughed when i first heard the BOV it sounds crazy!! i bet people look when that goes off. thats one bad ass cavalier man

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Awesome... just awesome...
        sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
        - Ben

Comment

Wow! Great work Mars!

BTW did you hear that Rodney ran 12.52 and 118 mph.

You guys are crazy!
          Last edited by asylummotorsports; 11-04-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Awesome, man!

LOL at the BOV. Sounded like the whistle someone would give to call a dog...
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Very nice numbers! What kind of blower are you using? I'm assuming it must be a centrifugal of some kind with those numbers and the use of a BOV?

Definitely looks like you're running out of injector. Might be some power left up top still with more fuel. You could up the pressure a bit as a temporary fix to help the current injectors of course until you can switch them and reprogram. I wouldn't use a stock 00+ FPR though. They really aren't meant for use with boost and the stock diaphragm will fail eventually, plus they aren't a true 1:1 rising ratio under boost. I'd get a remote AFPR or the bolt on one from WOT tech, and that way you can dial it in properly.
              '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
              '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
              13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
              Gotta love boost!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronGTR View Post
                What kind of blower are you using? I'm assuming it must be a centrifugal of some kind with those numbers and the use of a BOV?
                Originally posted by from MARS' signature
                Rotrex C30-94 blower / intercooled / water inj.
                There you go.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by AaronGTR View Post
                  Very nice numbers! What kind of blower are you using? I'm assuming it must be a centrifugal of some kind with those numbers and the use of a BOV?

Definitely looks like you're running out of injector. Might be some power left up top still with more fuel. You could up the pressure a bit as a temporary fix to help the current injectors of course until you can switch them and reprogram. I wouldn't use a stock 00+ FPR though. They really aren't meant for use with boost and the stock diaphragm will fail eventually, plus they aren't a true 1:1 rising ratio under boost. I'd get a remote AFPR or the bolt on one from WOT tech, and that way you can dial it in properly.
                  I just "upgraded" to a 00+ FPR vs. my old 99 one tonight, why wait till next year right ??

I've never ever heard of one failing under boost though ? I only make 12 PSI max, so, the vaccum acting on diaphragm "sucks" alot harder then my boost "pushes" so I'm certain it will be fine. Also, I've been using the 99 one for a few years, no issues.

I might do the dual feed rail setup later on, but I'll just keep an eye on #6 first... actually, maybe I will just drill and tap a hole for a fuel pres. gauge right after #6 on the rail, so I'll know if it's running dry. Pretty sure it will be alright though.

I'm going to start re-tuning with Code59, the 00+ FPR and Ford Green tops (42#/hr)

I think I was around 20 - 21* total timming there, I'm sure with the meth it will take 24-26 maybe 28. I will go back and try to make the 400 WHP.

Comment

woot grats man !!!!

Comment

Awesome! I've always liked the rotrex blower and wished someone had made a kit for my car using one. As it is I'd have to go custom and I see no way of fitting it in my engine bay without removing the A/C compressor.
                      '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                      '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                      13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                      Gotta love boost!

Comment

I have met Mars!! REALLY nice guy, but he's nuts!!

Beats the hell out of that car, and he pulls it off!

You need to see his car run. It's pretty damn impressive.

He AND Rodney will both be in the 11's come spring.

Comment

Only 12psi, nice numbers. 3400 right? Only thing I don't like is the dyno jet. Reason is that, the big debate is that a DJet reads 14% higher than a MDyno.
                          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

I'm really damned impressed it didn't start knocking when the afr's went into the 14's. That water injection must have really helped. Hope to hear the results with the better fueling soon.
                            1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

I figure with me in it the car is around 2950 lbs and I've trapped 120 MPH before, so it would seem the numbers are close.

Hard to tell though.

There were some stockish cars running the same day and they were all getting correct numbers (factory ratings, less 12% drivetrain loss, FWD)

Either way, I am happy, and like Eric says, the car has a hard life and I drive it as hard as I can. haha. I drive it like it owes ME money.

Comment

Working...
                              X