Aluminum Block found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Block found

I was looking at pushrod performance articles under the mototr articles section and saw a section on an aluminum 60 V6 block block. I was very interested just because thats sick. It also said they were dicontinued and hard to find. I'm sure many may already know where to find the few out there but those who don't, check this out. I know I can't afford it maybe one of you can haha.

Free Shipping - Chevrolet Performance 10051141 with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Engines, Bare Blocks at Summit Racing.
    1998 Chevy M VIN Mali LS with 99 Olds J VIN 3100 Swap

Sealed power skirted hyperuetectic pistons, LS6 Valve springs, Manley keepers and retainers, Custom short ram, header back, Tuning by Performance Dyno, 3400 TB, MSD Coils and wires, A/C Delete, Gasket matched heads and intake manifolds, 180 hypertech stat, Cat delete, 2 1/2" header back.

hmmm..... so is it a gen 2 or gen 3?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Looks like a RWD block.
      Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

It says it's for a 2.8 but it looks exactly like my 3100 cast iron. But if I had the money I'd just build a 2.8 if that was the case cus that block is a godsend for 60 V6 lovers!

Sealed power skirted hyperuetectic pistons, LS6 Valve springs, Manley keepers and retainers, Custom short ram, header back, Tuning by Performance Dyno, 3400 TB, MSD Coils and wires, A/C Delete, Gasket matched heads and intake manifolds, 180 hypertech stat, Cat delete, 2 1/2" header back.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
          Looks like a RWD block.
          almost 4K for a gen1 block? fuck that, NEXT!
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

actually I can see what you mean, theres a mounting spot on the front of the engine

Comment

Heres another article on it if anyone wants to read more in it.

Comment

Engine Block Weight (lbs) 59 lbs. for this one

whats the regular block weigh in at.
                sigpic
                99 Grand Am GT
                3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                515 515 lift 112 lsa
                15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

In one these 2 urls I think it says the aluminum block is 47 lbs lighter than the cast block.

Comment

Wish I had the cash, I've heard rumors they can be bored out to 3.4L
                    87 3.4 4x4 blazer
                    3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Hey that sure is a fancy hunk of metal.

There was pics on TGO of one used for racing in quarter midgets, had a crazy Warbol fuel injection on it, all the external oil pump goodies, somewhere in the 400hp range. Last one and last one I seen was a display engine at a speed shop being sold or something. Was like 90% ready. Got pic some where but lost em, though I never delete anything.

Though I got something that would go nice on it.
                      86 Pontiac Firebird
                      [68 Firebird hoodscoops, custom notchback,
                      custom rear mounted tach, inverted wing.]
                      http://thirdgenchat.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58
                      I love my new notch-back. See link for better newer pics.

Comment

ever hear the phrase "too much airfilter"
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Stole off my V8 car, as with winter I want to keep some heat in there.
                          Goes back on in summer.

But even then not really, a good 2/3s of it is blocked off on the inside up front. Allot of guy don't let ya see it but its done as open like that just the wind from the fan coming across it can screw with your carb. Why ya see real fancy one with hood pans to go one further. To isolate the carb from any and all under hood air, only incoming direct air changes settings.
                          86 Pontiac Firebird
                          [68 Firebird hoodscoops, custom notchback,
                          custom rear mounted tach, inverted wing.]
                          http://thirdgenchat.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58
                          I love my new notch-back. See link for better newer pics.

Comment

Can't be a Gen 1 block if it has three oil galleries, Gen 1 and the Gen 2 block I have both had only two oil galleries. The Summit description stated it also had provision for timing sensors, so sounds like you could keep a DIS ignition system.

But for nearly $4k, it can stay in Summit's inventory.

Comment

it also says it can be mounted for fwd or rwd applications. but yeah 4k for a bare bones block for a v6 seems a little extreme

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
                              X