2000 3100 mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 3100 mods?

I've read that the 2000+ 3100's are about the same as the 3400's so the swap wouldn't help much but is there any benifit in swapping the top end of my 3100 for the top end on a 3400? (Heads, LIM, UIM, and TB)

I'm looking to spend about $500 on my stock 3100 on my 2000 malibu any recomendations on how to get the most bang for my buck? The only mod I have now is a K&N air filter.

The TB is the only difference. Tuning might be your best bet.

Welcome to the site!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Ok thanks I will look into getting a new TB. Any suggestions to which one or would anyone recommend boring out my stock one?

Comment

Thanks Superdave. I saw that one and I might even get it after I try a few other mods.

Today I bought the total ram air and TB off a 99 grand am 3400. I plan on boring the TB and trying to get the ram air kit to fit. It looks like I will have to do a little work but I think it will work. I picked both up for $60 at a pick and pull.

Has anyone done this on there 3100? Does anyone think I will notice any gains? I can upload pics if anyone is interested.

Comment

i dont think you can bore the stock TB...

the ram air might not do to much, especially after the work that might be intittled to make the setup work from a grand am onto a malibu. A proper CAI for your car will have more of a gain.
          i believe the intake from the 99 GA will be less efficiant than your current 00+ intake, and also the EGR will be different. if you want your gains to be had at cheap, i suggest getting ported upper and lower intakes and a larger TB from wot-tech.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Did you send me a message through the store contact about the hp gains? I replied to someone just now on those exact parts and the email bounced.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yes that was me about the gains any figures that would make me happy?

Comment

I changed my email settings so you can email me if you want about the specs if you want, thanks.

Comment

Still bounced.

With the 2000 and newer 3100, you would be looking at 5-7hp with the
                  manifolds alone. With the throttle body added, you would see about
                  15-18 hp increase over stock.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I changed the spam setting I guess I have to actually add you to the "safe" email setting.

Thanks that's what I was looking for. I think this is what I will be going with. One more ? while your here, will all the parts bolt up with no extra modifications?

Comment

They bolt right up. The 62mm TB needs the upper ported to match but that can be done with the porting.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yes thats the stuff i was refurring to 'malibu'. you could throw in a cam while your at it too, that is while having the lower intake manifold off, but its a little bit more work, you might have to pull the motor, or i've heard of some people cutting a hole in there fender well to slide the cam in. not sure if you would be confortible with that, i know i wouldnt. its all about your gains, and your ability/time to do the mod's.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Sounds like after five years I'm finally going to give my malibu an upgrade. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X