Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900 VVT Performance Options

Hey guys,

I am looking to see if there are any basic upgrades for power or fuel economy on my van. It has the 3.9L pushrod VVT engine. My wife uses it as a daily driver, and other than a few CAI, I haven't found anything to improve it, not a programmer or anything other than Superchips reprogramming the whole computer.

Any Ideas?
    2014 Chevy Cruise LT
    2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja Motorcycle

HPTuners should work. It works for an 08 G6 3900. I am currently working on ported head and manifolds, but that isn't anything like programming or CAI.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Thanks Ben, I do see they list the Chevy Uplander (different nose but that is about it) with the 3900. Would you recommend the Standard or Professional model? What else do I need other than a laptop and obd2 cable?
      2014 Chevy Cruise LT
      2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja Motorcycle

Comment

It comes with the cable. You need a laptop or netbook and that is it. The pro version lets you record without a laptop, and you can input a wideband. Cheaper to get it now than upgrade later, but if you don't plan to use a wideband, its not worth the money IMO.

HPTuners support the montana, but not the other vans for the older 3400. They may not support the Saturn even though they support the engine.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
        X