forged internals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forged internals

does any one sell forged internals for the 3500? i found the diamond pistons on wot-tech but im curious about rods and crank? im plannin on a vortec but only about 8psi, would stock internals be ok?
    sigpic
    97 Malibu 3100
    -Intake, Exhaust, and Lowered
    -Soon to be 3500 swap

if the rods are the same as the 3400 they are allready forged and there is some crank that are forged on the 3500.
    Mike 60degree addict.
    Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
    sigpic
    65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

rods are already forged, and a lotof the 3500s got the forged crank as well, but from what i'm told, even the cast crank isn't bad.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

This informative YouTube Vid on this topic from John Edwards at Costa Mesa R&D was once part of an article on the "Old Software" for the forum... But just in case it is not refreshed here...This is a link to the video on the subject:

John Edwards discusses the various types of connecting rods found in modern engines. www.engine-machining.com (949) 631-6376

Comment

ok, so i shouldnt worry too much about the crank and rods. how do i tell if the crank is forged or cast?
          sigpic
          97 Malibu 3100
          -Soon to be 3500 swap

Comment

theres a "casting" number behind the crank pulley. there diffrent between cast and forged if u search forged crank im pretty sure theres a thread on it.

Comment

cool, will search, thx guys
              sigpic
              97 Malibu 3100
              -Soon to be 3500 swap

Comment

Working...
              X