X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredible job so far,

Subscribed for the long haul.... keep it up
    2002 GAGT
    - Street/Strip 3500 Heads - WOT-Tech Comp 3500 LIM - K&N Drop In - Magnaflow Cat and Muffler
    - Eibach Lowering Springs - Bridgestone Potenza 225/35/r16 - Drilled and Slotted Rotors - Ceramic Pads - KYB GR-2's
    - Big 3 Electrical Upgrade - Kicker SX650.1 Monoblock - Kicker CVX12"D4 Sub
    - Ported Box @ 1.88^ft to 34hZ - Alpine CDA-9884 - Cadence 6.5" Component's
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/391881...am-gt-sedan-4d

Comment

What did the pairing end up as? 1-6, 2-5, 3-4?
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

what are you trying to do John :P
        Last edited by bob442; 01-31-2012, 11:00 PM.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Back from the dead! I joined this site specifically to do research for a future engine swap in my Miata. The 660 v6 has basically all of the attributes I'm looking for. I never knew they could sound this good. I've got PLENTY of room in front of the engine to do something similar once I actually do the swap. Bob, could you possibly re-host your pics? Only a few of them are showing up. Anybody else have their own variation of these things? Or is it just the guy in Taiwan, and Bob?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Not sure what you want to see, add me on Facebook and I'll send you what you want to know, not active on here anymore. Getting out of the hotrod scene and more into trucks.
            Robert warcimaga on Facebook

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

In relation to earlier discussion in this thread about equal length left and right headers, into equal length Y-pipe into turbo, that's exactly what I have in my 240Z.

Headers08.jpg
              2ndAltBracketFail01.jpg
              GettingThere.jpg
              Ypipe01.jpg
              HeadersAndYpipeDone.jpg

I gotta say it sounds like a pissed off 2 stroke when it gets up on full song.

I don't have any videos yet, other than an idle video in the winter when I had some injectors that didn't work out as well as I would have liked.

I'm actually looking for a way to get the raspiness out of it. I have some ideas, just not sure what I'm going to try first.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
                In relation to earlier discussion in this thread about equal length left and right headers, into equal length Y-pipe into turbo, that's exactly what I have in my 240Z.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8524[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8525[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8526[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8527[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8528[/ATTACH]

I gotta say it sounds like a pissed off 2 stroke when it gets up on full song.

I don't have any videos yet, other than an idle video in the winter when I had some injectors that didn't work out as well as I would have liked.

I'm actually looking for a way to get the raspiness out of it. I have some ideas, just not sure what I'm going to try first.
                Not sure how much room you have to work with under the car but a good way to reduce the raspiness is to attenuate the frequency with a 1/4 wave resonator, depending on what range you want to silence.
                '86 Grand National

Comment

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by 34blazer View Post
                    Not sure how much room you have to work with under the car but a good way to reduce the raspiness is to attenuate the frequency with a 1/4 wave resonator, depending on what range you want to silence.
                    That is something along with a couple other ideas I have that I want to look at.

Comment

I have a feeling that GravyManager is wanting 240* headers, not 180*. Definitely more involved to make than just 180* equal length.
                      '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
                      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

I felt I should make an update to my previous post in this thread.

As some of you know I took out a headgasket a few weeks ago. While I had the heads off, I decided to put my other bottom end together, opening up the ring gaps slightly (for boost), and upgrading the fasteners to ARP (Main studs, rod bolts and head studs).

While it was apart I noticed a small pinhole in one header where the primaries mated to the collector, I wrapped the headers and Y-pipe with exhaust wrap, and retarded the base timing by about 10 degrees or so (I still need to pull out my timing light and set it properly).

What I have noticed this time around is that the exhaust note is much more mellow, much closer to the sound I would like to hear from my car. I will have to get some video soon. But still need to buy a good action camera to do so, a phone camera is just not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                          I have a feeling that GravyManager is wanting 240* headers, not 180*. Definitely more involved to make than just 180* equal length.
                          "180*" headers just means you are pairing TDC cylinders. Works on v6 and v12...

Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

rather than 180* of crank rotation, they're more accurately thought of as 180* out of phase.
                            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                            Latest nAst1 files here!
                            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                            X