what else can I do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what else can I do??

I got a 2002 grand prix se with the 3100, so far I have added a new M.A.F, duel exhaust, fenderwell intake, and a timing mod I got off Ebay for 8 bucks, what other inexpensive mods could I add, and would a air ramp/vent mounted underneath the car to force air into my fender be worth the time. I'm kinda new at this so any advice would help

Throttlebody ported or get a bigger throttlebody; ported/polished manifolds or get some headers; 3400 top end swap.

As far as other inexpensive swaps maybe a chip?

Comment

2002 3100 = 3400 manifolds
      Brian

'95 Cutlass Supreme- "The Rig"
      3400 SFI V6, 4T60e
      Comp Cam grind, LS6 valve springs, OBD2 swap, Tuned
      2.5" DP/ 2.5" dual exh/ Magnaflow Cat/ crap mufflers/ 3500 Intake manifold/ 65mm TB
      TGP steering Rack/ 34mm Sway Bar/Vert STB/ KYB GR2's

'08 Chevy Trailblazer SWB 1LT "Smart Package"- LH6 5.3L V8/4L60e, A4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Rhedalert
        polish/ coat them or whatever - either engine could make them better.. or get some headers

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Badass v.2.0
          or get some headers
          You mean make some headers?

Comment

Re: what else can I do??

Originally posted by vsop4me3.1
            what other inexpensive mods could I add, and would a air ramp/vent mounted underneath the car to force air into my fender be worth the time.
            Hey its all about mods, what will work, what wont. You have to try everything you think of, experiment, then let us know if it worked. How knows someone here might like the idea and do it themselves.

Everyone here i'm sure has tried some sort of personal mod to their cars/engines, some more than others (way more )

Try your idea, take pics and let us know.

==95GTP

Comment

thank you for your replies I guess I know the next steps I need to take and I'll let you know about the air ramp

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Badass v.2.0
                Originally posted by Rhedalert
                polish/ coat them or whatever - either engine could make them better.. or get some headers
                the bad thing about the newer plenum is that the EGR mounting area is differant after a certain year. I am not too sure about the 3400 plunum, but the newer 3100 plenum, and the newer 3400 plunum will not work with your current EGR. Might want to look into that in more detail before doing it. Especially if emmisions are a part of inspection where you live.
                Taylor
                1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
                1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
                1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
                1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
                "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

decided against the air ramp because of the way my driveway drops at the curb, don't need to scoop water into my filter

Comment

Get Fast Forward Performance's underdrive pulley...makes about 5 hp. $110.

Good thing you didn't spend anymore money on that timing advance thing....they don't really work. I'll bet it was a resistor that went into your IAT sensor.

Is your exhaust a FULL exhaust? Mandrel bent with a high flow cat and straight through muffler I hope.

I'd stay away from ported throttle bodies and your intake manifolds. They flow good enough for now, and are a bit involoved.

DO get either ASE chips or DHP's reflash....I've heard several different things about both....and they both seem like good options. Should set you back $300, but you get revised shift points and NO governor as well a slight bump in power.
                    -1996 Beretta
                    3400 SFI / 4T60-E

-1991 Grand Prix SE
                    3.4L DOHC / HM-284

Comment

does anyone know where I can get a chip for a 3100 I can only find them for the 3800
                      I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

The 3100 PCMs use FLASH eeproms, therefore you can't replace the "chip". You have to find a company that will reflash the PCM. There are a couple companies out there, but the range of vehicles that they reprogram is VERY limited, so there is a good chance that you are SOL. And most basic reflashed run ~$300, with custom reflashed usually costing $500 or more.
                        -Brad-
                        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                        sigpic
                        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

www.fastchip.com does reflashes and custom reflashes. I think the price is in the $300 range with it only being a little more for custom.

Comment

www.fastchip.com does reflashes and custom reflashes. I think the price is in the $300 range with it only being a little more for custom.
                            Yes, FastChip does do reflashes, but as I said, its only for certain cars. For FWD cars, it is mainly just 94 & 95. And as far as the pricing goes, I was listing FastChips prices ($500 for a custom). I know all this because I had my PCM reflashed by them, but didn't notice any differences (needed a custom vs standard and he didn't want to do it is basically what it came down to), so I had to reflashed to stock and got a refund.
                            -Brad-
                            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                            sigpic
                            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                            X