oil light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light...

Oil light gose on when I'm driveing, only when i get off the gas...
    1995 Ram Air V6
    sigpic

Does it make any tapping noises or anything like that when the light comes on? If it's making tapping noises, don't drive it until you get a gauge on there to see if your pressure is bottoming out.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

No, no noise. I've checked the dip stick with it on its full. Plus it only dose it when its real hot. Only thing different on the car is the exhaust.
      1995 Ram Air V6
      sigpic

Comment

I would still pick up a gauge and toss on there to make sure you aren't dropping oil pressure for the piece of mind. If the gauge reports fine when the light would have come on, it could be the oil pressure switch going or the gauge cluster malfunctioning. How many miles is on it, and has it had a big LIM gasket failure in the past?
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

101,000miles, Idk iv only had it since January, I know theres a slight uim leak. But that's been addressed. Guess ill grab a gauge
          1995 Ram Air V6
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X