No announcement yet.

Let's talk about cams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 99.9% sure it will still work. In fact, WOT-Tech even lists 3100/3400/3500 cams the same: http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/sto...t/prod_67.html The cam trigger has changed over the years, but we have determined that they all operate on the same principle, so it shouldn't be an issue.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

The sensors don't matter as much as the waveform they output to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by NateD4 View Post
        The sensors don't matter as much as the waveform they output to the computer.
        yeah, but I can change a sensor in the car, I can't change a cam in the car.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

The LZ series cams have three metal tabs that indicate cam position, one of which is long.

The LA1 cam I have has a disc with a notch cut from it. So clearly the position on the LA1 is output differently.

Not sure about the LX engines. Someone probably has a picture of one.

Comment

All 3100 3400 and 3500 LX9 cams are compatible with each other. The 3900 cam is not compatible in any way.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              All 3100 3400 and 3500 LX9 cams are compatible with each other. The 3900 cam is not compatible in any way.
              Ok, thanks for clearing that up for us, I'm glad to hear that I don't have to do a cam swap to run obd2!
              "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
              X