Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Monte Carlo LS Build (Strictly Performance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it "could" so would a fuel injector cleaning,
    i had a stereo in my monte, and to be honest the 50-100 lbs of weigh really threw off any handling the boat does have on choppy water...

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
      it "could" so would a fuel injector cleaning,
      i had a stereo in my monte, and to be honest the 50-100 lbs of weigh really threw off any handling the boat does have on choppy water...
      injector cleaning as in like seafoaming everything? I really want to do that this summer on the current oil before i do the change after storage

I'm going to make everything very easy to pull out, i'm making the boxes as minimal as possible with an enclosure kit to make it look finished, it'll be a total of 4 half boxes to house everything and all quick connect wiring hopefully

also, just bought a new filter should be here tuesday, after ~84k miles I bet it could use a change lol
      Last edited by trewyn15; 11-04-2011, 05:36 PM.
      2004 Monte Carlo LS
      Build Thread
      Youtube Channel
      ^Add and Sub & I'll Return The Favor^

Comment

there is a few ways of cleaning the injectors, theres pressure canister kits, and there is the old additive way, and doing it your self. what i did myself was use a trail blazer fuel rail, it was returnless, popped in my used 28# injectors, and wiring, used a canister with a cleaner for fuel injectors, pressurized the canister and cycled the injectors, some stuff came out of them. i would reccomend doing this and the filter after storage and a full tank of gas.

As for the subs, have you thought about fiberglass pods for the sides of the trunk? and there is plenty of room to mount a amp on the bottom sode of the deck lid aswell

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
          there is a few ways of cleaning the injectors, theres pressure canister kits, and there is the old additive way, and doing it your self. what i did myself was use a trail blazer fuel rail, it was returnless, popped in my used 28# injectors, and wiring, used a canister with a cleaner for fuel injectors, pressurized the canister and cycled the injectors, some stuff came out of them. i would reccomend doing this and the filter after storage and a full tank of gas.

As for the subs, have you thought about fiberglass pods for the sides of the trunk? and there is plenty of room to mount a amp on the bottom sode of the deck lid aswell
          I may actually need new injectors if I do decide to go with a cam and heads?

also, i have 2 amps a cap and 2 equalizers that need mounting lol
          2004 Monte Carlo LS
          Build Thread
          Youtube Channel

Comment

okay, been a long time before i've updated here with what I have going on, been gathering a lot of parts while in storage..

But, here is some of the new stuff that I have planned:

New Fuel Door - my current door is rusting through, so this one will be fixed of any rust and sealed and then plasti-dipped on the back.

Front plate filler, the original one needed some work, and this one is in a little better condition. If anyone else is interested I have another like new plate filler, just pm me!

K&N Precharger and a roll of tint, I will be tinting my gauge cluster and my fog lights to change up the look of the interior and front end :thumbsup:

Black airbag cover for the passenger side, this is just the start of my black interior conversion, this one will be going slowly but surely.

Lasly, a mirror from a Grand Prix, i'm going to be working on getting the temp sender to work for this mirror, the compass is internal, so that should work by default, also I'll need to figure out how to get some leds or something on or in this so I have some front dome lights.

Also, the big boy:

It needs some work but not too much fortunately :thumbsup:

I got the car home and got her detailed

Duke was getting an enjoyment out of the weather..

I'll have to do a full photoshoot when I get home this weekend, it was a little chilly that weekend.

I started the week by wiring up an autodim/onstar mirror, I really wanted autodimming.

I then tinted my gauge cluster, this wasn't taken with a good camera but it's black until you turn on the lights, but still clearly visible during the day.

I also repainted my turn signals to get rid of the ugly amber color.

After I painted them I decided I was sick of the crappy finish on the headlights so I restored them a bit.

As you may be able to tell in the above photo, my turn signals are now different also, I went with the switch back LEDs, you can see them in the video below.

I also put the hood liner back in and repainted the lower grille and my new plate filler (this pic is after a couple hundred miles after the detail)

I also got a start on my black interior swap

I also put some work into cleaning up the toolbox, but the week quickly came to an end..

so everything waits in the back of the monte....

I also got some more filming/photo gear...

and just today I got some more engine goodies in... powdercoated valve covers and MSD wires (going to use as my backup set of wires, plan on going ZZP wires)

A couple more!

These were done by 2 different powdercoaters but match almost exact!

And I picked up the front highsport today! Still gotta snatch the SS sides or HS sides. Whatever I find first. I'll get some better pics of these tomorrow possibly!

Here's my spring break updates video:

Spring Break Updates-red04montels-HD - YouTube

I also gave my brother a little demo of my system: (some bad language in the songs FYI)

System Demo With My Brother-red04montels-HD - YouTube

I have some action videos also that I'll be joining together here soon!

I'm also going to try the doctorcolorchip system, I'll post some results in a separate thread here soon!
            Last edited by trewyn15; 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM.
            2004 Monte Carlo LS
            Build Thread
            Youtube Channel

Comment

was reading, car looks great!

If you want to get the most from your ignition, get 18 spark plugs and pick out the best 6. You may be surprised how faulty some can be upon closer inspection.

Make sure the gap is identical across all 6, be anal about it, do what you must.

Then get some indexing washers and index the plugs. The ground strap is best aligned to face opposite the intake valve so the spark is wide open towards the intake valve. It will help balance combustion across all 6.

It may help a lot, it may help a little.
              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

where did you get those engine mounts? or at least where can I buy the mounts with the poly bushings? I wonder if it would work on my alero which also has the 3400?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by trewyn15 View Post
                  Just got these in.

Magnaflow 2.5" Hi-Flo Stainless Cat.

McCord 2.5" Electric Cutout.

These are both being put into the downpipe, the cutout is more just for a little fun.

The y-pipe for the cutout is made of steel but I can't tell if it is stainless. I would assume not since it is painted or coated. The coating seems to be well done, it goes all the way through the inside of the y-pipe. I would assume I should probably just get one that's 304 stainless instead, just to be safe? Or would something like this be fine if the car isn't going to be driven in the snow and salt.

*Original post updated with these pictures*

Let us know how the cutout turns out as well.. WITH PICS

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                    was reading, car looks great!

If you want to get the most from your ignition, get 18 spark plugs and pick out the best 6. You may be surprised how faulty some can be upon closer inspection.

Make sure the gap is identical across all 6, be anal about it, do what you must.

Then get some indexing washers and index the plugs. The ground strap is best aligned to face opposite the intake valve so the spark is wide open towards the intake valve. It will help balance combustion across all 6.

It may help a lot, it may help a little.
                    Thats a royal pain in the ass to do.... LOL, it's "NECESSARY" on the race car I work on other wise the piston will close the plug gap, LOL Its also necessary to turn the motor over to a 45* increment to install the plugs, if you are at any 90* position on the crank at least two pistons are up and you'll close the gap when installing the plug, yes the pistons are that big haha.

I've also been thinking about doing it on my car but I'm just not sure at how important it really is... you hear so many mixed reviews on it when the indexing is not done for clearance purposes.

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

3400-95-modified, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Reason I put this up is I just regapped my plugs 0.035, for boost. Better top end feel. I bought 12 plugs and picked out the best of 6, some just seemed off set and wasn't like the rest.

Indexing is a pain but when you want to do something for that little bit, I like to think it helps. I personally feel it is more about a preparation for wideband tuning to help stabilize AFR's for greater precision, tighter margin of error over all. One of those mods that don't do much until tuned up.

I indexed the last set while the heads were off the block, made it too easy. I considered getting a bunch more plugs and finding the rights ones that threaded in place instead of having to use the copper indexing washers. They seemed to reduce the plugs penetration into the cylinder by 1/2-2/3 washer thickness.

Not to ramble on in this guys thread, just noticed he was inquiring about a stronger ignition pages back. Thought he may be interested in indexing.

I would like to see a plug indexing tool that can clamp very precise ranges for really anal specs. Not necessary but interesting for the high mod ride.
                      1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                        I considered getting a bunch more plugs and finding the rights ones that threaded in place instead of having to use the copper indexing washers. They seemed to reduce the plugs penetration into the cylinder by 1/2-2/3 washer thickness.
                        That's the only way we do it on the race car. Just bought two sets of plugs marked on the insulator where the electrode was and then tested them all.

Got Lope?
                        3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                        Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                        Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                        12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by hok666 View Post
                          where did you get those engine mounts? or at least where can I buy the mounts with the poly bushings? I wonder if it would work on my alero which also has the 3400?!?!?
                          Originally posted by hok666 View Post
                          Let us know how the cutout turns out as well.. WITH PICS
                          Quote!

Comment

Working...
                          X