262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    I will NEVER buy an automatic Fiero and convert to a 5 speed again after installing the clutch line! but alas, it is in, and secure, all that needs to be done is to hook it up to the master and slave, bleed it and go!

in other news, I started the intercooler mounting, and I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
    I said the same with my 96GPse. No provisions for a clutch pedal & had to cut/weld a subframe to the pedal frame, brake vac booster was too big, had to dremel the firewall, pulled the block/trans after realizing the slave needed bleed out of the trans (htob), replaced a bad master, hunted for a rare to find trans mount, replaced brake master for a non-ABS version cause the ABS module thing interfered with the shifter linkage.........

It took me over a year to complete the trans swap.
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• it was a bitch, but not that bad!
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• well, I had the sway bar almost installed when I found out the mid bar clamps were the wrong size... addco support is getting me the right set of clamps free of charge though...

Note the bolt holes.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

bought some 1/2" aluminum fuel line today, wasn't able to get the intercooler done though, maybe tomorrow...
          Not running ethanol, I see.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• How bad is e10 on aluminum lines? I figured not that bad since our heads and upper intake is aluminum. But being fuel lines are in constant saturation........I would be more concerned with debris launched from corrosion into the injectors though i suppose a sudden fuel leak would be bad too.

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            Not running ethanol, I see.

1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• E10 is all that's available down here in Florida, my injectors don't support ethanol either.

Comment

• E10 is fine, but from what I've heard anything over E10 means fuel system changes must be made.

We have both E10 and E85 up here (we are in the corn belt, duh...). I've considered E85 because of the higher octane, but I figure I'm jumping in to tuning over my head to start with going with boost this coming spring. Couple that and the learning curve of E85 and I'm sure I'm in for a headache, that and I don't want to have to refuel every 200 miles.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

• insert fuel cell to double fuel capacity so that running E85 will allow for 400 miles of range.

say "screw this" one day and fill both with 94 octane gasoline.

finally need to fill up tank/cell 1000 miles later.

i think there are #s and PROFIT somewhere in there, but i can't seem to find either.

also: stock lines in at least the late 80s were made for E10 compatibility, combination of steel, rubber, aluminum and i think plastic in various locations.

so, i would think aluminum would be safe, so long as you don't exceed E10. after E10 or so..... i'd start converting stuff to stainless wherever possible.
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• well, my fuel rail is an aluminum 3400 piece, I still have the 3500 rail, but I think I might go ahead and swap the aluminum main lines for stainless to be on the safe side...

Comment

• I built my coilover's last night, still need to repaint the struts, but otherwise, they're done!

then I pulled the dash to run some new wires. (shift light, cruise control, and intercooler fans relay trigger)

Comment

• Hey, you're going all out there...I like it! She's gonna be one bad ass Fiero.

Question: What about the Nut behind the wheel? lol

Comment

• if you're refering to the pic with the coilover, it's just holding the brake rotor on, if you're refering to me as a nut, well, boot camp will fix that in six months...

Comment

if you're refering to the pic with the coilover, it's just holding the brake rotor on, if you're refering to me as a nut, well, boot camp will fix that in six months...
                            You, lol. Boot camp ehh, well good for you! Which branch if you don't mind me asking? I grew up as a Navy brat.

old joke, you can fix everything but the nut behind the wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                              You, lol. Boot camp ehh, well good for you! Which branch if you don't mind me asking? I grew up as a Navy brat.

old joke, you can fix everything but the nut behind the wheel.
                              hint: nuclear powered, very fast, and silent...

Comment

hint: nuclear powered, very fast, and silent...
                                What's long and skinny and full of seamen?

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                                X