262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    hint: nuclear powered, very fast, and silent...
    That can be almost anything these days. Though I'm gonna guess NAVY and you probably don't have kids. Submariners are better fed then the rest. I toured many boomers and got to walk through Sherwood forest often (SLBM's actually loaded). You'll get all the latest movies before the rest of us.

Attack subs are just as cool though.

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
    What's long and skinny and full of seamen?
    Milzymotorsports tail pipe?
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
      What's long and skinny and full of seamen?
      Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
      Milzymotorsports tail pipe?
      that.... i was not anticipating.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
        That can be almost anything these days. Though I'm gonna guess NAVY and you probably don't have kids. Submariners are better fed then the rest. I toured many boomers and got to walk through Sherwood forest often (SLBM's actually loaded). You'll get all the latest movies before the rest of us.

Attack subs are just as cool though.
        No kids, no wife, if I did, I wouldn't have made any progress on my car EVER!

Nuclear narrows the field to 2 types of vessel, Aircraft Carrier, or Submarine, and I don't think I would call a Carrier silent! I'm signing papers later this week as a Nuke Machinist's Mate, and I've already volunteered for Sub duty.

in other news, I got most of the cruise control wiring done, just one wire left inside the car, than wire everything in the compartment. I also started wrapping my dashboard in vinyl to cover the cracks.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
          that.... i was not anticipating.
          Ditto

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
          I also started wrapping my dashboard in vinyl to cover the cracks.
          Nice progress on the car, and this is something I have to do as well. PO of my car had epoxied the vinyl where it met the backer on my dash but time, the sun and Armorall has had its way with my dash and it has started to crack. I was planning on on going with those PVC overlay deals off of ebay to fix mine. Do you mind posting pics of progress of yours so I can see how it turns out? I'm all for alternatives when it comes to covering defects like cracks in the dash. Also, are you rewrapping it, or overlaying it with new vinyl?
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
            Nuclear narrows the field to 2 types of vessel, Aircraft Carrier, or Submarine, and I don't think I would call a Carrier silent! I'm signing papers later this week as a Nuke Machinist's Mate, and I've already volunteered for Sub duty.
            Don't be so sure about that. The US starting experimenting with nuclear powered propeller aircraft that can fly around the globe for extended periods in the 1950's. There are also many electronic warfare vessels that use nuclear power for long, silent missions gathering electronic data of the coast. The Army has mobile nuclear power stations, small units to power those rapidly built command centers, bases, etc. Could also been Airforce and deal with nuclear ICBM's.

Though my first guess is probably the most logical...sub.
            1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
              Nice progress on the car, and this is something I have to do as well. PO of my car had epoxied the vinyl where it met the backer on my dash but time, the sun and Armorall has had its way with my dash and it has started to crack. I was planning on on going with those PVC overlay deals off of ebay to fix mine. Do you mind posting pics of progress of yours so I can see how it turns out? I'm all for alternatives when it comes to covering defects like cracks in the dash. Also, are you rewrapping it, or overlaying it with new vinyl?
              I'll post pics soon on the dash, I have to do a little re thinking on how to get it done though.
              "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• rebuilt my shifter today, but I have a new problem. Rodney's shift cables have the ball stud already pressed in, and it doesn't look as though it is easily removed without destroying the cable end, and the F23's ball is welded to the link... time for more welding, and re working... it'll let me kill two birds with one stone though, because the bracket holding my select cable in was too close to the ball, and made it hard to get into fifth and reverse. I'll post pictures tomorrow of how I fix it.

Also, for those of you who own a fiero, but don't know about Rodney, you need to check out his stuff! it's top quality!

Comment

• shifter is pretty much done, DLC is wired in, and the car is sitting on 4 wheels for the first time in over a year...

Comment

• You'll have a blast on a sub. I spent 6 years in the Navy as a nuke Electronics Tech on board a fast attack sub. Got to see the world and did shit I never imagined. I got out mainly cause it was way too political - being in charge of the reactor and doing all the maintenance on the safety systems for it meant everything had to be approved by the entire chain of command. I remember many days not even starting maintenance work until 2-3 in the afternoon... if I could ride a sub again and not have to deal with that, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Progress on the Fiero is looking good. Just remember, your first 18 months in the Navy will be school, so you'll have plenty of time to keep tinkering on it before you get to the boat.

Brad via Tapatalk
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

• Brad-

I want the car driveable before I go to boot. I don't mind tinkering, but it needs to be able to move under it's own power (damn quickly too! ) I can't wait to go though, I've been working for Lowe's here in Pensacola for over 4 years, and I feel that I've wasted 4 years of my life... oh well, live and learn right?

well, here's an update, the PCM is mounted!

I custom made a tray that is screwed with 8 self tapping sheet metal screws to the firewall. the PCM slides down into the lower part of the mount, and then a piece of angle aluminum bolts to the top part of the tray to secure the PCM in place.

Then, I got started on getting the PCM wired in to the car. so far, what was the fuel pump relay is in, along with the A/c clutch relay and the DLC.

it may not seem like much, but it was quite a bit of work. Hopefully the harness will be complete by the end of the week, here is how I left it tonight.

Comment

• You're 4 years wiser. Time is never wasted, only allocated.

Navy is a great service, I grew up a Navy brat and I wouldn't change it. I remember days on the base, Norfolk, waiting for CV-67 coming home, sitting in the hot sun, smell of salt water. Now I wasn't active service, just a kid, but still good memories.

Got to grow up by the beach, had access to the on base stores (much cheaper prices and the commissary food was great).

My first appreciation for fine mechanics was watching a demostration of the Phalanx gun. Up close, that b*tch is loud, I tried to wrap my head around 60 shots a second. I swear you can hear the vacuum behind the flurry of rounds when it stops.

Not being a civilian, it has its perks.

Anyways, the fiero looks good, I see you must be thinking about the downpipe and how to approach it.
                        Last edited by TGP37; 09-21-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• You will like silent service ,my brother in law is a retired master chief . Sailed around the world many times and met presidents. I got many tours and passes at stone mountain and virginia beach Got to see the sr-71 and the steath bomber because of him !!! Congrats on the car !!!

Comment

• thats true about time...

I'm not so worried about the down pimp, it will come straight back to the trunk, and then go down beneath it.

trunk popper wire re-routed down the passenger side of the decklid, C500 almost finished being wired in, Relay control relay wired, fuel pump, I/C Pump, and I/C fan relays almost done.

and another "how I left it" pic.

I'll go out and say the Harness is about 15-20% complete, it will look better once it's been taped and loomed.

Comment

• Wiring, a sober job for sure.

You are making great time since the start...Fiero ass high in the air with the engine/sub frame dragged out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                                Wiring, a sober job for sure.

what do you mean? my buddy Yuengling has been helping with the job quite a bit!

in other news, the harness is probably about 90% complete, I'd like to try to finish it tomorrow, but we'll see...

Comment

Working...
                                X