No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, I guess it's good news to say the ticking went away, but I don't like the fact that it went away on it's own terms... in other news, I bought a new welder today!
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• My Jetta 1.8 made enough ticking to sound like a diesel but still kept running at 350,000 (kms) . In colder weather the ticking would go away or be intermittent.
      '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

• What kind of truck is it? My Ranger will do it (at 219k) if I have to wind it out hard. It will then run rough but the tick will go away on its own and it will return to running smoothly again. I've considered new lifters for it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• It's the brown and white K20 suburban in this pic.

5.7 TH400, NP208, dana44/14bolt est over 250K miles...
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Seafoam is the only other thing I'm willing to put in an oil pan besides oil and Lucas.

-60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• i've ran 1 quart of kerosene in a 3100 for ~50 miles.... cleaned a bunch of crap out based on the color of the oil before and after.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                Seafoam is the only other thing I'm willing to put in an oil pan besides oil and Lucas.

I run Lucas, but I've always been hesitant to run any solvents in my oil, I do pour it down the intake every now and again, as well as in the gas.
                Last edited by ericjon262; 12-17-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• been a while since a real update...

Heat exchanger installed

there was a frame horn in the way of the ports, and it doesn't appear to support anything.

so I cut it off...

Pump installed

a few pretty welds...

intercooler core mounted (need to sandblast and paint all of my mounts...)

and I also got my battery tray cut out, need to get a tube of 5200 before I can finish it...

Comment

• got my heads back! gained over 17% (average)on the intakes, and over 11%(average) on the exhaust!

peak flow on the intakes 250 CFM (up from 222) and 191 CFM on the exhaust(up from 174)

Comment

• "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Pics? how much did it cost? tested at 28"?

Comment

• I paid about $500 for the work, about what ben charges, plus shipping. if the porter doesn't mind, I will post pics. I'd also have to verify 28", I know they were flowed at the same vacuum, which tells me gains (all I care about).

Comment

• flow verified to be 28" on a 3.75" bore. I'll post pictures later, maybe tomorrow.
                            Last edited by ericjon262; 12-28-2012, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• cool can't wait to see pics. Are your headers almost done?

Comment

• Hi I am just now putting my 3500 in my M4 Fiero, and had a question...

AFAIK the trigger mount is supposed to be mounted right to the block, and not sandwiched between that front motor mount. Has that caused an issue at all ? Or is the wheel thick enough that it has no effect ?

Thanks. Cool build.

I couldn't imagine a turbo 3500 Fiero, WAY WAY too much power for such a scary handling car. haha.
                                11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                                10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X