No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the first time in over a year, the car is back indoors. I going to clean in/around the car, and start making preparations for removal of the engine, and installation of a new short block. 2019 will be the year of the Banshee.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Built not bought, because bolt-ons don't...

Comment

• Looks good, I will be watching for updates!
      1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
      1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
      1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
      14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
      9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
      14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

• they'll be coming, slowly, but coming...
        Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Comment

• quick update, contrary to popular belief, and mine as well... the LX9 uses a 24x wheel on the crank, identical to an LS1! hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I will have my MS3X re-calibrated for the 24x wheel and I can ditch the external wheel. I'm also starting to look at ways to simplify my intercooler setup, I have a few ideas floating around, that I'll post up once I can further validate them.

Comment

• a few quick updates:

the programming in the MS3 can be setup to run the LX9 as "wasted COP" the guys on the MS forum are working on making it full sequential COP.

I have a new engine in the garage. my Suburban is currently taking up all of my time, and money... I'm going to drive it to Alaska and back(Washington), you can see that in the link below if interested...

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=766856

I sold the MS3x, I am going to upgrade to an MS3 pro ultimate, and get replace the factory gages with a tablet.

I'm currently planning a new hotside, made of either Schedule 40 mild steel weld els, or Schedule 10 304 SS weld els. price is about the same for both, but the stainless will be way lighter, and look nicer.

Comment

• well, my truck's engine is back in! which means my engine stand is free! I'm planning on throwing the 3500 on the stand and starting teardown soon.

Comment

• not much to report on, but the "new" LX9 is on the engine stand, and I plan to start tear down later this week in parallel with work on The Pig Rig.

Comment

• I started teardown of the new engine today

drained residual oil out and it was still somewhat see through!

another forged crank, I'm 3 for 3 with them so far.

pulled the timing cover and was quite surprised at how clean it is!

then I dropped the pan

it's pristine! practically brand new looking. the bores have hatch marks still, but look pretty glassy, I'm going to run a ball deglazer over them to renew the walls, and probably throw a set of gapless top rings in for shits and giggles. overall, this thing looks awesome, I'm half tempted to just throw it in and run it as is, but that wouldn't be any fun when I have those ported heads and monster cam to go with it.

Comment

• I started teardown of the engine in the car the other day. today, I yanked the heads off, they look ok, but it felt odd, they came off way too easy. the gaskets stuck to the heads, not the block, but both peeled off the heads pretty easy. there was a piece of what appears to be aluminum in hole number 4, but I think it hasn't been there long, I think it may have snuck in through one of the sparkplug holes thats been open in the garage for the past 3 months, there's no signs of damage d/t it.

on the other hand, the water jackets of the heads, and the block are full of corrosion products and bullshit of unknown origin.

the stuff in hole 4:

all the other pictures:

Comment

Working...
                    X