262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mars View Post
    Hi I am just now putting my 3500 in my M4 Fiero, and had a question...

AFAIK the trigger mount is supposed to be mounted right to the block, and not sandwiched between that front motor mount. Has that caused an issue at all ? Or is the wheel thick enough that it has no effect ?

Thanks. Cool build.

I couldn't imagine a turbo 3500 Fiero, WAY WAY too much power for such a scary handling car. haha.

the sensor holder is different on my car now, I'll try to get a pic, it's also adjustable.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcheese View Post
      cool can't wait to see pics. Are your headers almost done?
      LOL, I haven't re-started them yet, I did get a new welder though.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Hi I am just now putting my 3500 in my M4 Fiero, and had a question...

AFAIK the trigger mount is supposed to be mounted right to the block, and not sandwiched between that front motor mount. Has that caused an issue at all ? Or is the wheel thick enough that it has no effect ?

Thanks. Cool build.

I couldn't imagine a turbo 3500 Fiero, WAY WAY too much power for such a scary handling car. haha.
        here's a picture of the revised mount. Marc (CNCGuy) made this one.

I need to blast it and paint it though, along with most of the other parts.

Edit: the sensor isn't in the holder all the way, but when it is, it has the correct spacing, and can be adjusted slightly.

Comment

• "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Looks pretty good. Member on here do those for you? You don't have to divulge info if you don't wish to though.

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
              Looks pretty good. Member on here do those for you? You don't have to divulge info if you don't wish to though.
              The porter wished to remain anonymous.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post

Edit: the sensor isn't in the holder all the way, but when it is, it has the correct spacing, and can be adjusted slightly.
                Oh cool, I think I'll just cut a chopsaw blade thickness out of mine, then weld it back together I guess. Should work.

I think I may know whom the great mysterious porter of 2012 might be, haha.
                11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

• Oh sorry, one more question..

Do you have this wierd motor mount on the pass side towards the front of the car that is kind of like a little shock looking thing ? Did you re-use that with your 3500 ?

I was going to fab something up out of all solid steel...
                  11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                  10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Oh cool, I think I'll just cut a chopsaw blade thickness out of mine, then weld it back together I guess. Should work.

I think I may know whom the great mysterious porter of 2012 might be, haha.
                    I was going to do the same with mine, Marc offered to swap it though, so I did. mine was unused though.

Comment

Oh sorry, one more question..

Do you have this wierd motor mount on the pass side towards the front of the car that is kind of like a little shock looking thing ? Did you re-use that with your 3500 ?

I was going to fab something up out of all solid steel...
                      I ditched mine I'm looking into something else to go near where it was. you'll have to use the fiero timing cover to make it work IIRC.

Comment

• I just ditched that shock looking thing on my Fiero and an running a solid dog-bone and poly trans mounts.
                        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
                        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

• This is a really nice build-up. Your engine build is pretty similar to my own, save for a few engineering details. I really like the aluminum welding fab work that you did on the tank too. By comparison, my aluminum welding looks like goat-shit on a tin plate. Im also running a similar Water-to-Air set up as you own, only Im using a larger IC and a slightly smaller heat exchanger.

Using a factory ECU will give you less down time since you have a viable base tune to work with. By comparison, I will have a staggering number of settings to input get working PRIOR to tuning. I look forward to seeing more of this build.
                          Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Driver_10 View Post
                            This is a really nice build-up. Your engine build is pretty similar to my own, save for a few engineering details. I really like the aluminum welding fab work that you did on the tank too. By comparison, my aluminum welding looks like goat-shit on a tin plate. Im also running a similar Water-to-Air set up as you own, only Im using a larger IC and a slightly smaller heat exchanger.

Using a factory ECU will give you less down time since you have a viable base tune to work with. By comparison, I will have a staggering number of settings to input get working PRIOR to tuning. I look forward to seeing more of this build.
                            I wish those were my welds on the tank, but they were not... these are my welds (first time on aluminum!)

!! now I need to invest in a spool gun!

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post

That's some really nice porting work. Ill be sending my heads and LIM back to John and Ben at some point to get some additional porting and a spring upgrade due to some slight changes in the plan..

I want a 7500rpm red-line (actual shifts at/ or slightly below 7000).
                              Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

• Originally posted by Driver_10 View Post
                                That's some really nice porting work. Ill be sending my heads and LIM back to John and Ben at some point to get some additional porting and a spring upgrade due to some slight changes in the plan..

I want a 7500rpm red-line (actual shifts at/ or slightly below 7000).
                                I'm thinking about the same, shifting at about 7200, we'll see once I start tuning it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X