262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    I'm thinking about the same, shifting at about 7200, we'll see once I start tuning it though.
    How long till its running?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcheese View Post
      How long till its running?
      I've stopped answering that particular question.... before May 21st for sure, but I don't have a real idea yet.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I've stopped answering that particular question.... before May 21st for sure, but I don't have a real idea yet.
        I'm the same way. People don't seem to understand the time factor with performance builds. My wife says, "Three years later are you gonna be done yet?!"

Almost dear, almost.......

I eagerly wait for the day I can put her in the passenger seat and get a nice 12psi WOT pull in 2nd gear.
        1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

It's the brown and white K20 suburban in this pic.

5.7 TH400, NP208, dana44/14bolt est over 250K miles...
          You live in Virginia Beach? That street looks familiar........If that is the street I am thinking of, I walked down that road hundreds of times back in the 90's.

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
          LOL, I haven't re-started them yet, I did get a new welder though.
          Did you get a Tig? I'm seriously considering an AC Tig box that can weld aluminum. The Tig I have is DC only, great for steel/iron.

Once I learned to stop ruining my tips, touching filler, my weld quality improved dramatically.

I think you would do great with a Tig considering your custom approach.
          Last edited by TGP37; 01-09-2013, 11:56 AM.
          1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
            You live in Virginia Beach? That street looks familiar........If that is the street I am thinking of, I walked down that road hundreds of times back in the 90's.

Did you get a Tig? I'm seriously considering an AC Tig box that can weld aluminum. The Tig I have is DC only, great for steel/iron.

Once I learned to stop ruining my tips, touching filler, my weld quality improved dramatically.

I think you would do great with a Tig considering your custom approach.

Nah, I'm in Pensacola, FL. The new welder is a Lincoln ProMIG-180, I'm impressed with it so far, and I got a really good deal on it (I would not have bought it if I didn't!) I plan to get a good TIG one day, but right now, it's not in the budget...
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Quick and dirty sketchup of the headers, I was going to do a 3-1 style instead of a log, but these should do fine for what I need, and look good doing it.

Comment

• Alright, it's on! I just put through an order with columbia river mandrel bending for the pipe for the hotside! hopefully I will have the pipe in time for my weekend off!
                Last edited by ericjon262; 01-12-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Looks like the pipe will be in on tuesday, oh well, I'll get them done either in the afternoon or on my day off on sunday...

Comment

• Dude! Where did you get those pistons and rods ? Did you got the pistons directly from Diamond ? What about the rods ?

Thank you!
                    1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
                    3400 Turbocharged Intercooled
                    MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• I got the pistons from a guy in the mall, the rods are eagle rods for a 3800.

Comment

• Awesome! Any chance to have a part number or something for the rods please ?

Awesome build btw
                        1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
                        3400 Turbocharged Intercooled
                        MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• thanks, here's the rods.

Free Shipping - Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Connecting Rods at Summit Racing.

Comment

• I like your turbo manifold design.

Those will help spool up time.....flow better then stockers yet the pre-turbo volume is kept low (versus equal length headers).

It will get you into boost faster then equal length, making more power over all. It's a win-win.

Target your exhaust flow at peak boost/rpm and size those pipes just large enough and no more. Velocity is the key with turbo headers. Like spinning a pinwheel, faster and more narrow jet streams will spin the pinwheel faster. Supporting flow amounts beyond what your going to push is just wasting velocity.

Which is why I like the design....velocity (my favorite word dealing with exhaust)

Comment

• what I wanted to do probably would have spooled faster then this, but time isn't on my side, this would take 1/4 of the time to make, so that's what is going to be done.

Comment

• got my new pipe in today, fabrication should start on sunday, my next day off. I may start them earlier, but I think I want to save it for a one day deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X