• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to work on the hotside today...

I started by cutting a U bend in half

Then I cut a side off

Then I welded the cutoff back on 180*

Then I made a window and started welding.

Rinse and repeat...

Almost done.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• 578468_3866689902512_2035804900_n.jpgI built similar pipes for my iron head 3.1. 541127_3866522378324_135865954_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 23TrackroadsterV6 View Post
        I built similar pipes for my iron head 3.1. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7270[/ATTACH]
        That looks good! looks like yours are stainless though... When I remake the system when I have time and money to do it, I'll do a stainless 3-1 header setup.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Just mild steel

Comment

• I want to have mine ceramic coated, depending on the cost.

Comment

• I'm building a car similar to this one and my pipes are also similar, mine will be HPC coated inside and out as well.one.png

Comment

• Nice work!

How are the transitions inside, fairly smooth?
                Past Builds;
                1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                Current Project;
                1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

• Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                  Nice work!

How are the transitions inside, fairly smooth?
                  They're decent, could be better. but they will flow more then enough for what I need.

Comment

• well, I've started working on modding a 3400 bin file for my 3500, so far, I have:

1. deleted EGR
                    2. imported Maf tables for LS1 Maf
                    3. changed the IFR for my 60 PPH injectors
                    4. bumped up hot idle to 800 RPM in Accessories>IAC>IAC desired idle speed. for the cam.

I'm not 100% sure I got the EGR delete right, I lowers the Disable thresholds to 0, and raised the enable thresholds to maximum (speed=255, TPS=100.9961) would this delete EGR? I assume I also need to remove the DTC so I won't get an SES light correct?

Thanks-

Eric
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ericjon262; 02-02-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Got a little bit done on the hotside before it got dark outside....

not permanent, I'm going to try to find a 2" V-band clamp, because I won't be able to fit a ball and socket in there

Comment

• Nice work

Comment

• Don.t forget to put a flew section in there. It will help stave off cracks. Nice job!
                          Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

• still in progress, I plan to put one in, but I'm still trying to find out where! I also still need to find a spot for a WG too...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                              I also still need to find a spot for a WG too...
                              The closer to the turbine the better. What ever is bled off will result in less velocity beyond the WG, as there is less gas moving in the same cross sectional area.
                              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                                The closer to the turbine the better. What ever is bled off will result in less velocity beyond the WG, as there is less gas moving in the same cross sectional area.
                                I was almost thinking about mounting it under the turbo, but I would prefer easier access than that...

Comment

Working...
                                X