262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
    LOL, I wish! I was wondering how long a reaction would take!
    I knew you were ambitious.....I actually believed you were going for it. hehe
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• yeah, I would do it if I could fund it!
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• The Lancia Delta had that back in the 80s...a group b style fiero would be sweet.

Comment

• got a little bit more done on the hotside today... I'm going to go ahead and order a couple of bellows to add into it. I've been flip flopping on this since day one, and I figure it can't hurt, it'll just make packaging a little harder...
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Would help it flex while stressed and starting to glow hot in boost.

quick pic of my project in design stage. (not gonna load up your thread w/ my stuff)

topcenter.jpguppercenter.jpgfrontlow.jpg
            1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• what size are you doing for the primary tubes? I like your setup, it's very similar to mine except for the independent runners.

Comment

• 1 3/8" primaries then 2" merge pipe and 2" to the turbo flange.

The primaries are modeled from Jegs 1 3/8" J-Pipe (2R and 2.5R bends). It will barely support 500 HP. Perfect for a fast spooling street machine. The neat thing about that software is I have each piece identified and measured. So it will be easy assembling with all the pieces pre-cut and labeled. Tack weld to fit. If all works well, I wouldn't mind making another set for material cost. Don't find too many 60v6 turbo headers out there.

Your setup will spool nicely as it is very cooperative to retain the pulse plus reduce pre-turbine volume.......what I like about your build is the over all weight of a Fiero is almost half of my GP.

Have you driven one of these motors boosted yet? 8 psi on my heavy GP is freaking awesome, your Fiero is going to turn heads for sure.

Comment

• tiny little buggers! I would have gone at least 1.5 inch, mainly because you're going to have a terrible port mismatch problem with such a small primary,

Comment

• 1 3/8 equals velocity though... what is the height and width of the D-shaped port on the 3500 head though?

Got Lope?
                    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• the 16 Ga 1.625" pipe I was using for my headers fit the flanges perfect, I'll see about trying to get some measurements later today.(I know the flanges are bigger then the ports.)

Comment

• Here's a little more on my intake manifold...

Comment

• So you are masking the rear runners?
                          95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
                          High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
                          Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• no it's going to be an open plenum... just not as open as it is right now! I do plan to make a fer more changes while I'm in this deep though. I'll post up pictures as they come.

Comment

• I like the SUV (I forget which) intake manifold with the flange on top of the upper. Would be bad ass in a RWD setup like a Camaro or whatever. I thought it was out of some Buick crossover vehicle, there are pics of it on here someplace. I can't find it.
                              11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                              10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

• It's the LNJ 3400 intake, I liked the design, but it wouldn't clear the decklid by a mile, and my 75mm TB still wouldn't fit...

Comment

Working...
                                X