No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya, probably the best design intake but IMO UGLY . Would probably work well for RWD with a ram air setup.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

• I'm I'm still unsure of exactly how I'm going to do my new setup, whether I'm going to take the pipe as far back as it was stock or not...
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Here is a pic of the LNJ intake

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
          no it's going to be an open plenum... just not as open as it is right now! I do plan to make a fer more changes while I'm in this deep though. I'll post up pictures as they come.
          Ok I'll be watching for them.
          95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
          High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
          Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• One of these days i need to find one of those plenums...
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
              tiny little buggers! I would have gone at least 1.5 inch, mainly because you're going to have a terrible port mismatch problem with such a small primary,
              The circumference is close enough to work a gentle taper and eliminate the reversion wall due to the turbo. The exhaust pulse will be nice and strong out of the merge, inches from the turbo.

They'll sure spool up nice, just might start to choke around 6000-6500 rpm. True urban street turbo headers, lol. If they completely fail, it will still be a great learning experience for the next set.

Anyways, back to your build. So much you can do in that plenum.
              Last edited by TGP37; 02-13-2013, 08:32 PM.
              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                Anyways, back to your build. So much you can do in that plenum.
                I think I'm going to do something a little different from what I have started though, I'm going to take one of my other plenums to the machine shop, and have them cut the neck out nice and clean, and then have someone with a good tig welder weld in the larger neck. I'll do more in depth stuff when I have more time to cut, grind, and have fun.
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• "stubbed" the turbo flange today... what a bitch that was... I'll get some pictures tomorrow when I wrap up the piping.

Comment

• Stubbed??

Comment

• Originally posted by NateD4 View Post
                      Stubbed??
                      formed and welded 2 short pieces of pipe into the flange, that my mid-pipes can more easily be welded to.

I haven't taken any pictures of the mid-pipe yet, it looks kinda crappy... it'll work, but it'll be replaced when I have more time to work on it...
                      Last edited by ericjon262; 02-17-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Pics of today's progress...

that's what I meant by stubbed.

Comment

• mother of god you need to practice welding !

Nice work otherwise.
                          11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                          10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mars View Post
                            mother of god you need to practice welding !

Nice work otherwise.
                            lol! they'd look alot better if I had more time to work on them... I don't plan for this setup to be permanent, I'd like to upgrade to something stainless, but I'm short on time, and the budget doesn't allow for that right now...

Comment

• Helpful tip on the welding, you need to leave a small gap between the tubes being joined, I usually use the thickness of the tubing as a guide, if its 1/16 wall thickness, leave a 1/16th space between the tubes. Doing this allows you to use less heat, less wire and still get good penetration of the parts being joined.

Comment

Working...
                              X