262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
    I love your work, but I have always felt that the rear cylinders were the ones that needed help. At WOT that is. The energy built up pushes the air past the rears.

I dream of what can't be. Individual equal length runners(180) and a good size plenum.
    I'm hoping to help distribution across all 6 cylinders, along with increasing flow, I think what I have here will accomplish what I want quite well, and I intend to dyno the car with a ported stock intake, and my modded intake.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• I'll be waiting to see how it turns out!
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

I'll be waiting to see how it turns out!
        you're not the only one!
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• My biggest problem is grasping what all goes on in the intake. I know what happens in there, but I just don't know it all interacts. Do accustic waves do anything to pressure waves?
          95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
          High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
          Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

My biggest problem is grasping what all goes on in the intake. I know what happens in there, but I just don't know it all interacts. Do accustic waves do anything to pressure waves?
            I'm sure they have some effect, but I don't think it's significant enough to justify concern.

Comment

• To my knowledge 5 and 6 cylinder are the ones that go lean at WOT or at least 80% and the same goes for oiling
              IDK why but the 3500 block has oilers on that end Some correct me if I am wrong

Comment

• Actually its #4 and #6... ask me how I know :P

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
                3400 Turbocharged Intercooled
                MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• forged pistons FTW.

Comment

• at 10psi, forged pistons are a band aid (and an expensive one). Fixed the tune and whatever else that was wrong made more sense :P
                    MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• Originally posted by 90BlueZ View Post
                      at 10psi, forged pistons are a band aid (and an expensive one). Fixed the tune and whatever else that was wrong made more sense :P
                      I got a good deal on mine, along with a set of rods.

Comment

• Yeah of course nothing wrong with forged pistons, but I'm just saying that the tune is very important, cause the same thing could have happen with forged pistons, they would have just lasted 10 secs longer :P
                        MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• the tune is very important, I never said it wasn't, and cast pistons can only take so much, esp when you start turning up the wick, and really spinning it...

Comment

• Yep agree'd.

Build looks good so far man, keep it up!
                            MS3 v3.57+MS3X

Comment

• OOOOOH Damn son ok I all I have ever read is the stock 3500 UIM leans out at WOT other than that I need more info OR blown headgaskets

Comment

• Originally posted by unchained01 View Post
                                OOOOOH Damn son ok I all I have ever read is the stock 3500 UIM leans out at WOT other than that I need more info OR blown headgaskets
                                sounds like a tuning issue to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X