262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
    I had an issue with my HTOB as well. Apparently it wouldn't engage the clutch fingers and just had a spring like feel to it. Bled it over and over again, even reverse bled. There was no air coming out any which way to Sunday.

Then I took it out (real PITA) and bled the system off the block, assembled of course. I found the HTOB needed primed off block and it worked flawlessly ever since.

Of course the puddle isn't a positive sign either.......

Good Luck on your (is it your 1st?) sea duty!
    just boot camp, done now.

Now, I just need to see about getting the car(and some tools) up here to Charlestown so I can get back to work.

shouldn't take to much work to get it moving.

BTW, Navy boot camp is pretty easy...
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• About time you got back, did they make you do it twice?
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• lol, nah, I was only gone 2 months! I can't wait to get my car up here so I can get things tightened up and going.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• So what job did they stick you with? SP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
            So what job did they stick you with? SP?
            I'm an MM Nuke, I'll be studying here in Charlestown, SC for about the next year and a half, hopefully I can get on subs, I don't want to be on carriers...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
              I'm an MM Nuke, I'll be studying here in Charlestown, SC for about the next year and a half, hopefully I can get on subs, I don't want to be on carriers...
              Carriers aren't bad. They get the best defense but they are also often the best target.

If any Nation actually sinks a carrier, well, they know the nukes would fly soo, don't worry. You will have to get used to hearing the steam pistons catching aircraft all night some nights.

If you are on a carrier you'll get a chance to see the sun daily. Subs you might be underwater for a LONG time.

Yeah, Navy boot camp isn't bad though I never went. I was prepped to go to Annapolis and graduate as an Officer. I should've takien the opportunity then, but I had reservations. Some things are just left in the past.
              Last edited by TGP37; 07-22-2013, 07:31 AM.
              1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                Wow that is something! I knew that you were a smart guy but damn! I watched the whole PBS show on carriers and that is not a life that I would want. These days I'd be more of a DD kind of guy, but not that junk ass DD1000. I call that the billion dollar super swamper.
                There is a new CVN on the way and a few SSN's. The SSBN's are too far off. Tell me what you get.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                  Carriers aren't bad. They get the best defense but they are also often the best target.

If any Nation actually sinks a carrier, well, they know the nukes would fly soo, don't worry. You will have to get used to hearing the steam pistons catching aircraft all night some nights.

If you are on a carrier you'll get a chance to see the sun daily. Subs you might be underwater for a LONG time.

Yeah, Navy boot camp isn't bad though I never went. I was prepped to go to Annapolis and graduate as an Officer. I should've takien the opportunity then, but I had reservations. Some things are just left in the past.
                  I wasn't meaning that there was something wrong with the surface fleet, just that I prefer the idea of being on a sub. I hear the sub crews work together quite a bit more then the surface guys. the way I see it, the days below will just make the days above that much sweeter.

Comment

• I'm surprised there are not nuclear destroyers and cruisers out there, I know there used to be a couple of them way back when, I guess the operating costs were too high?

Comment

• Never heard of that, I'll have to look that up. At one time they were working on a nuclear powered bomber(steam powered jet turbine). Lucky for us they gave up on the project. Over all I think they have made a good/right choice when it comes to ships/subs. I sure wouldn't want to hear about a nuclear powered mine hunter(lol). Really an SSN is kind of pushing it though.

Comment

• My ex father in law was a master chief in silent service and loved it bit you could be under for 8 weeks at a time Then resupply and hit port etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
                          Never heard of that, I'll have to look that up. At one time they were working on a nuclear powered bomber(steam powered jet turbine). Lucky for us they gave up on the project. Over all I think they have made a good/right choice when it comes to ships/subs. I sure wouldn't want to hear about a nuclear powered mine hunter(lol). Really an SSN is kind of pushing it though.
                          I've heard we used to track russian subs by a radioactive trail they left because the reactors were so poorly shielded... not really a problem on our boats though.

Comment

• That is both sad and funny. That must have been a long time ago, times sure have changed. Hell the best trackers now are the Astute class British subs. We are falling behind.

Comment

• with time....

Comment

• If we throw enough money at BAE. The British no longer rule the sea, so they hold on to any edge that they have. The common threat is no longer there(at this time, it will change) so sharing tech is not the norm.Without a higher cost that is, we do it to them and yes there is an export tax(the AH-64 has that tax, they call it a shipping cost but it's more than that).

Comment

Working...
                                X