No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We make stuff for BAE where I work... Stuff I can't speak of... ITAR..

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• APKWS? That is a nice system, it's how it was done in the old days. I watched a BAE promo video on it and loved it.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• ILP FTW.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
          APKWS? That is a nice system, it's how it was done in the old days. I watched a BAE promo video on it and loved it.
          Yes, we are the provider of the fiber optic system for the APKWS, It's pretty neat.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• Wow that is cool. Not sure why but my world feels like it got a little smaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
              got the engine back, finished the final assembly, installed the flywheel and clutch, installed a new HTOB, bled the master, bled the line, started bleeding the HTOB, and apparently, it's defective. there's a nice little puddle of hydraulic fluid dripping out from the bellhousing. never got a pedal at all... my machinist did great job on the engine, but he took way to damn long. if I had the engine back, even last week, I would have had time to deal with issues like this.

oh well, life happens. I'll get a new clutch (clutchnet stage 4) and HTOB(GM) on order before I leave tomorrow, and when I get back, I'll fix it.

it'll take a little longer then planned, but I'll make it happen still....
              I don't know if your TOB was defective after all. I just finished putting an F23 in my Fiero and the same thing happened to me, except I got some pedal first. After pressing the pedal in a few times after bleeding, I lost pressure and there was a puddle of fluid under the trans.

I'm almost certain it was because the HTOB was being overextended. To solve this, I spaced the master cylinder away from the firewall with washers. I threw in a used TOB from a junkyard and bled it again. No issues now after pressing the clutch pedal in and out about 50 times.

I was able to change the TOB out in a few hours by separating the engine and lifting it about 6 inches or so. Was nice to not have to drop the cradle again.
              '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
              '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

• I still want to measure it when I get it apart, and see for sure. What clutch are you running?
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• I used about 6-7 washers on each stud for the master cylinder. I'm using an ACT 6-puck with a stock 4-speed pressure plate.
                  '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
                  '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

• gotcha. I'm going to pick up a new clutch probably next week and get cracking on this thing, I'm going to try a spec 3+ for the cavalier, I think that will be the ticket.
                    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• well, I get leave sometime in november, so I'm going to try to go home and get the car into a transportable condition so I can get beck to work.

Comment

• Can't tell us what you got posted to yet? I can wait.

Comment

• I'm still in school, between classes, it'll be at least another year and a half before I'm to sea.

Comment

• Man that is a long time to wait(lol). Best of luck on the SSN, hope you get one. What do you need to do on the car?

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
                              Man that is a long time to wait(lol). Best of luck on the SSN, hope you get one. What do you need to do on the car?
                              Trust me, I'm not sitting around twiddling my thumbs, I spend at least 10 hours a day minimum in class, then I have to do homework which is usually another 2-3 hours, sometimes 5-6 hours.

HTOB is dead, and I really need a better clutch... the clutch might have to wait though...

Comment

• Oh damn that is alot of time. Now I see why you were not on the site for a long time.

Man I'm not sure that you have the time for that HTOB.

Comment

Working...
                                X