No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you just in A school or in Power school? If just in A school, look forward to a lot more studying once you get to Power school. Its definitely worth it, though!

Brad
    via Moto X
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

• Originally posted by bszopi View Post
      Are you just in A school or in Power school? If just in A school, look forward to a lot more studying once you get to Power school. Its definitely worth it, though!

Brad
      via Moto X
      I graduate "A" school November 1st, then I get a short break, then power school, which I'm both dreading and dreaming of at the same time...
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• I forgot... Are you an EM or an ET? I'm pretty sure you aren't an MM (although I could be wrong). Either way, just keep studying hard, cause as soon as you get to a boat, it really starts to get fun!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I was in A school and power school back in 93/94, but I doubt much has changed.

Brad
        via Moto X
        -Brad-
        sigpic

Comment

I forgot... Are you an EM or an ET? I'm pretty sure you aren't an MM (although I could be wrong). Either way, just keep studying hard, cause as soon as you get to a boat, it really starts to get fun!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I was in A school and power school back in 93/94, but I doubt much has changed.

Brad
          via Moto X
          50-50-90. well, actually 66.6-33.3-90. I'm an MM, well going to be. of coarse, in my spare time (lol spare what?) I'm studying a little bit of electrical theory as a refresher.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• well, the car is still in P-town, 600 miles away... it's mostly shipable, so I may pay a transporter to bring it up, but we'll see. I don't think my truck would have appreciated me trying to tow the car back on a trailer...

Comment

• Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
              Last time I'm gonna remark as well because I know you and I both do not want to jack Eric's thread. A wave is a propagation of disturbance through a medium. A wave can not exist with out a medium to travel through, just not possible. What ever the medium is, it is present in space and here where we are. I suspected simple magnetism in a stable (benign like state) as the medium.

Now, if we can get Eric into the debate....lol, nah, he's got a lot to do still on that Fiero. Which, btw, is coming along nice.
              Caught up on this thread from the beginning.

Electromagnetic radiation propagates through a vacuum just fine. Look up permitivity and permeability of free space.
              Current:
              \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
              \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
              \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
              \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

• well, I take my comprehensive exam for nuclear power school tomorrow morning, assuming all goes well there, I take leave starting Saturday, and a deposit has been placed on a trailer to bring my heap back with me....

Comment

• Best of luck, but I don't think you will need it.
                  95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
                  High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
                  Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple pit View Post
                    Best of luck, but I don't think you will need it.
                    Thanks! I passed, now this time next week I'll be home getting all of my parts together and loaded into the truck, and making the long haul back!

Comment

• If I was a betting man that would have been easy money. No one in their right mind would have bet against me/you though.

Way to go! Sure hope you get posted to something updated. I just don't trust the new stuff. Seems like they are in a rush and leave too much undone these days. There are a few SSNs on the way, but I think you may be done before they are. There is always the Ford class CVNs LOL.

Comment

• I was assigned to one of the oldest LA-Class sub's (USS Memphis, SSN-691), yet it had just been refueled and updates to the latest reactor control system (the 2nd boat to get it actually). So never could out the older sub's!

Brad
                        via Moto X
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

• yeah, more then likely, I'll get sent to a 688I (later LA class), but it's all up to the detailer once I get out of prototype.

Comment

• I'm pulling for you on that. Got this bad feeling it will be one of the "Ham boats". Nah they are not all that bad, from what little I've heard.

Comment

• Considering the only things still nuclear are carriers, MAYBE a couple frigates, and then SSN/SSBNs, your pickings are small. And if you volunteer for subs (which it sounds like you are doing), there is even less to choose from. Most of the older SSNs have either been decom'd or retrofitted, so you have a pretty good chance of being on a decent boat, even if it's an older one.

Brad
                              via Moto X
                              -Brad-
                              sigpic

Comment

Considering the only things still nuclear are carriers, MAYBE a couple frigates, and then SSN/SSBNs, your pickings are small. And if you volunteer for subs (which it sounds like you are doing), there is even less to choose from. Most of the older SSNs have either been decom'd or retrofitted, so you have a pretty good chance of being on a decent boat, even if it's an older one.

Brad
                                via Moto X
                                I'm a sub volunteer already, and the only things nuclear left are subs and carriers, I wouldn't be surprised if more nuclear vessels start being built again. Directed energy weapons are already in the testing phase aboard conventional platforms. and railguns are starting to become a thing too...

Comment

Working...
                                X