No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 pages and it still hasnt even been fired?

Comment

• yeah, deal with it shaun.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• I was planning on running A/C on the car, so when I put the engine in, I left the compressor installed, seeing as I don't have lines for the new compressor, I've decided to ditch it for the time being. I'm considering installing an all electric A/C in it's place in the front as a stand alone system. unfortunately for me, this required me to re configure my belt routing and install a new idler pulley.

I also over the past week or two made a new intercooler mount, got the intercooler plumbed in, remote oil filter mounted and plumbed, and intake piping done, along with lots of little other things. it's coming together quickly, gonna clean the car out as best as I can tomorrow and try to make sure I'm not forgetting anything before I try and fire it off. I'm hoping to start it some time this weekend.
        "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Started adding fluids today. My fuel filter turned out to be defective and decided to let me know by spraying fuel everywhere on the initial system prime. I had a very small coolant drip up by the radiator, I am unsure if it was just a little bit of leftover drip from a spill, or a leaky radiator (or just the cap)

Comment

• hit a couple of snags today, it wasn't entirely unexpected though. hooked up the PCM, flashed my base tune, and tried starting it, wouldn't start, presumably due to fuel(no gas smell near exhaust). looked at the tune, and I forgot to remove antitheft... removed it, and tried again, and would get an occasional bump, but no bang. and I remembered I hadn't set my fuel pressure. pulled the plug where the gauge goes on my regulator to install the gauge, and there's brown crap behind it... it looks like when the filter took a shit, it decided to send shit through the whole fuel system. regulator, lines, rail, injectors, all had crap in them... cleaned and began flushing the system, and then one of the lines gave way. I'm not sure where, or if it's one of the lines I made, or the body side lines I didn't touch. I'm assuming it's the stock side. if it is, I'm going to re-do the body side lines so the whole system is new and I don't have to worry about it. on another note, my DHP interface decided to eat shit and die, anyone have one laying around they don't need anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
              on another note, my DHP interface decided to eat shit and die, anyone have one laying around they don't need anymore?
              How did this happen if you don't mind me asking...

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

• Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                How did this happen if you don't mind me asking...

no idea, working fine one minute, won't connect the next... I'm going to try and get a new serial-USB adapter and try that and see if it fixes anything...

Comment

• Yeah if it's just connection issues I'd try swapping out the usb/serial adapter as well as check the config on the PC make sure the com port number didn't change or something. Does the light still blink on the unit? If so it's a good sign that nothing is wrong with it.

Got Lope?
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Yeah if it's just connection issues I'd try swapping out the usb/serial adapter as well as check the config on the PC make sure the com port number didn't change or something. Does the light still blink on the unit? If so it's a good sign that nothing is wrong with it.
                    light does still blink. I tried changing com ports(and the USB port used), as well as connection speed, nothing seemed to change the results.

Comment

• has there been any physical stress applied to any of the connection points? Where the serial adapter goes into the unit perhaps? AVT technology is still around to my knowledge and worst case they may be able to repair the unit for you or offer you a replacement version. I don't know if anyone has tested the new units though to see if they would unlock the DHP software... I can't imagine they could unlock it but who knows.

Got Lope?

Comment

has there been any physical stress applied to any of the connection points? Where the serial adapter goes into the unit perhaps? AVT technology is still around to my knowledge and worst case they may be able to repair the unit for you or offer you a replacement version. I don't know if anyone has tested the new units though to see if they would unlock the DHP software... I can't imagine they could unlock it but who knows.
                        no strain that I am aware of, but I'm also the second owner. the serial adapter is connected at the end of the cable, not to the unit itself. AVT might be able to fix it, if the new serial adapter doesn't fix it, I'll hit them up.
                        Last edited by ericjon262; 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

on another note, my DHP interface decided to eat shit and die, anyone have one laying around they don't need anymore?
                          turned out to be the USB-Serial adapter.

Comment

turned out to be the USB-Serial adapter.
                            Never saw that coming :P
                            A friend has the same trouble with his TEC2 (not a typo).
                            Current:
                            \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
                            \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
                            \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
                            \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

• Originally posted by Will'sFiero View Post
                              Never saw that coming :P
                              A friend has the same trouble with his TEC2 (not a typo).
                              I was stressed about it with my $200 box, I could only imagine how freaked I'd be if it was a TEC2...

Comment

• There's no danger of him cooking the unit... just that it only works with some USB to serial adapters.
                                Current:
                                \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
                                \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
                                \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
                                \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

Working...
                                X