No announcement yet.

262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's worse, is that when the light came in for it, I bought an old style sensor, but returned it because the connectors are different...
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• That must be why I changed the sensor, I used a 3400 wiring harness from an Alero.

Comment

• it lives again!

"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

• Almost like an old friend stopping by for a visit.
          95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
          High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
          Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

• Sounds good.

Comment

• thanks, lots of tuning to do still, but at least it's running!

Comment

• for the past week or so, I've been troubleshooting the fuel pump relay circuit, SES light, brake lights, head lights, and cooling fan. good news, all but one are now fixed! brake lights was the turn/hazard switch, headlights and cooling fan was a ground. the fuel pump relay was a little more confusing as I had checked the pins on the PCM harness a couple of times and "knew" it was right... it wasn't... :crazy: I must have been tired, or drunk, or some combination of the two when I did it, because I had the relay trigger in pin 2 on the clear connector when it should have been on pin 3... DOH! works like a champ now. the SES light might have a bad bulb after all. I re checked the C203, and show 0V now. there is a +12v wire in pin b next to the ses light, so I wonder if maybe I had probed B instead of C. I've been doing all of this troubleshooting after getting off on the mid shift, so sleep deprivation has been a thing... I still have an oil leak, but it's not as bad as it was. I'm starting to wonder if it's the turbo oil feed or return. I'm gonna put it on a lift on my next day off and see if I can pinpoint the exact location of the leak and nip it in the bud. before I pass out tonight(day) I'm gonna see about making a new bin file for the tune based on a 3800 supercharged bin, so that tomorrow when I get off work I can try and light it off and see if a 3400 will run on a 3800 file. I'll post an update when it happens.

Comment

• tried flashing the L67 bin, no dice, DHP says "file not compatible with destination PCM" I'm gonna try and pick up an L67 PCM later this week and give it another go.

Comment

• Seeing as the L67 has a completely different triggering scheme it wouldn't have worked even if it did flash.

What where you trying to accomplish by running a 3500 on the 3800SC program? Less tuning work? Would only make for more tuning work in my opinion, iron heads/aluminum heads, different chamber design, different sensor config, ect.

Comment

• it might actually work, there are switches in the 3800 code for crank sensor resolution, and for engine type. the big thing I am after is 2 bar map support.

I'm also interested in getting a true coil per cylinder setup going as well, using stock code. that will require direct input of the 7x(3x) signal to the PCM, this will take a little more work though.

Comment

• OBD1.5 has 2 bar map support, as does nA$1. I think the 3800 has a different firing order, but they aren't sequential injection are they?

Comment

• Firing order is easy to deal with. You just need to pair the correct cylinders (ignition), or connect the injectors accordingly.

OBD1 also has 2 BAR and 3 BAR support as well.

Comment

• firing order should be pretty easy to fix. my car is obd2. I don't feel like re-wiring it again. I'm gonna continue to play with this for a spell, and if it doesn't work, I'll probably go to robetissar's $A1.

Comment

• Has anyone really done much with code editing on the OBD2 ECUs yet? If so maybe ask if the original ECU code could be modified to insert the 2Bar map sensor. I think that would be the "cleanest" way to do it but then again I am not good at coding at all. Robert Sarr's work is the only reason I have been able to continue on with the OBD1.5 system I've got going into my truck.

Comment

• i've seen some custom OS work done with some of the LS1 PCMs, but not much beyond that.

if you can understand Motorola 68000 assembly enough to determine upload/download routines and how the code interacts with the values stored within the calibration(you know, the bare minimum necessary to setup a tuning package), you can make all of the OS changes you can fit into the PROM. in essence, any of the tuning companies COULD offer custom OS options for any application if they didn't copy upload/download routines off of a Tech2 or have an insider leak the calibration location listings(I do have evidence of certain companies doing one or both), then all they really need to do is pick/choose what to allow the end-user to change within their own PC application.
                                1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                                Latest nAst1 files here!
                                Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X