96 3400 with fiero heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 3400 with fiero heads

Hi, I'm new to this site.. I have a 1986 Fiero 2M6 with a shot 2.8L. I have a chance to get a newer 3400 (96-97ish) and I was wondering if the 2.8L heads and intake will fit? The reason I'm doing this is for simplicity and to keep the stock look. I know that this will probably hurt the performance, but this is just a daily driver for now..
    Thanks!

First off, welcome to the site!

To answer your question, yes, the heads and intake will work on the 3400 block. Just make sure you save the 3400 top end for future use...

Brad via Tapatalk
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Hurt performance isn't the words. You will have extremely low compression.

Welcome to 60V6!
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

How low are we talking? I can get the 3400 for a really good price (too good to pass up!) and I don't really want to have to change the computer..

Comment

7.6:1, you need 3.4 iron head pistons in there to make it proper and you cannot use the iron head head gaskets either.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yup. Change the pistons to units from a 3.4 Camaro, put the iron heads on and you have a 3.4 upgrade like the Camaro block, but you have a roller cam, better oiling etc.
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Well, I think I've changed my mind.. I can get a 2001 grand am 3400 engine, wiring harness and computer for 100 bucks. I think I'll suck it up and do a bit of wiring for the extra power.. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions before it's all done!

Comment

Originally posted by newfiefiero View Post
                Well, I think I've changed my mind.. I can get a 2001 grand am 3400 engine, wiring harness and computer for 100 bucks. I think I'll suck it up and do a bit of wiring for the extra power.. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions before it's all done!
                Welcome to the dark side!
                "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                  X2!

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Thanks! I figure why try to keep it stock looking if I can get more power for cheap?? I was contemplating a vortec v8 swap, but I smartened up pretty quick when I found out how much it would cost initially, even though I was given a vortec by my brother..

Comment

they are heavy(cast block) and a FWD trans wont like it too much. the only hard part about this swap would be getting the gauges to work properly, i dont know if they use the same signal or not, hopefully a fiero darksider with chime in for that answer.

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
                        Nope. In relation to a stock Fiero, putting iron heads on an aluminum head motor is the darkside. Swapping in some aluminum while at the same time loosing some weight and gaining more power and a roller cam is all "light" as in eureka!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
                          Nope. In relation to a stock Fiero, putting iron heads on an aluminum head motor is the darkside. Swapping in some aluminum while at the same time loosing some weight and gaining more power and a roller cam is all "light" as in eureka!
                          Yup, lighter+more power just makes more sense.. There will definately be a turbo in the future too! I used to have a turbo colt and that thing could haull a$$! I'm kinda sorry I sold it but I needed to to focus on the fiero..
                          Here's the link the my colt build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/216031...itsubishi-colt

Well, the guy got back to me and said I could have a 99 or 03 engine.. Which one would make more sense to get??

Comment

Past Builds;
                            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                            Current Project;
                            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

That's what I figured
                              4 years newer and the same cost! I just didn't know if there was any significant differences in the years.. I checked the family tree on this site and it seems like they are pretty much the same..

Comment

Working...
                              X