Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Помогите Русскому! Help Russian 2.8 V6 )))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Помогите Русскому! Help Russian 2.8 V6 )))

All hello from Russia!
    I have Jeep Cherokee 2.8 173.
    It is pleasant to me it 2.8 V6. I want more from the motor.
    Whether it is possible to put an injector instead of the carburetor. If yes, as well as what for this purpose is necessary?
    I think to put an inlet collector with atomizers from pontiac trans sport 3.1L As think will approach?
    Excuse for my English))) I Use the translator.

Hello, maybe you should consider other options. There are many ways to make more power or get more efficiency.

Putting forced induction to the side, the next best would be port and polished cylinder heads w/ complimenting modifications for a stronger camshaft profile. Fuel injection is a big modification and I have not converted a carburetor to fuel injection. But I know it is possible. You may need a different PCM, an engines computer.

If you are looking to spend less money, cold air intake and better flowing mufflers will help. There are also maintenance upgrades that may help restore power. Never over look a clogged fuel filter, it will drain the power from the car more then you may think.

A fresh upstream oxygen sensor will help restore a proper air to fuel ratio. Inspect for any small leaks in exhaust ahead of the sensor, make sure the spark plugs are properly gapped. Get a better breathing air filter.

Some people like Under Drive Crank Pulleys to add more low end torque.

You could also look into tuning your transmission. Increasing the fluid pressure may provide a crisper shift with less slip and heat.

If you like to get technical, find a tuner for your cars computer and tweek the spark and fuel tables for more power. Some people can make substantial gains just by tuning alone.
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

If you have the ability to tear an engine down then take the Crankshaft, rods and pistons from the 3.1L and put them in your 2.8L block to give you a 3.1L. If you have a machine shop available and can get replacement pistons easily enough you can have the cylinders machined over size and make it a 3.2L. This will be the biggest and lowest cost power upgrade.

If you want to use fuel injection the easiest would be to take one from a Chevy 2.8L Truck and not a van.
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks!
        The injector will be heavy for establishing injection system... Most likely I will refuse this invention. It is a lot of problems with electronics arises.

The idea with installation Crankshaft and buckets 3.1 in mine 2.8 was pleasant! If approaches without problems I will be engaged in it in the near future!
        Prompt, what it is possible to make with heads of cylinders?
        To increase opening of valves. To replace a cam shaft, bars of valves, springs of valves and the rocker from what car will approach or analogs? I can buy with ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep-Russia View Post
          Prompt, what it is possible to make with heads of cylinders?
          To increase opening of valves. To replace a cam shaft, bars of valves, springs of valves and the rocker from what car will approach or analogs? I can buy with ebay.

Lots of performance parts.
          1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Hi everybody!
            Esteemed a forum and has followed to your councils! I will change the 2.8 on 3.4
            There was a question! I have found Camaro 94 with an automatic transmission. My Cheroki 2.8 with mechanical gear box AX5. It will be possible to put a flywheel with 2.8 on 3.4? Or it is necessary to search for a flywheel from 3.4 with a mechanical box? Bell AX5 on engine Camaro fastenings also will approach?
            For earlier thanks!

Comment

The flywheel depends on the year of the 2.8.

The older 2.8's were externally balanced with weights on the flywheel. The later ones (87+) were internally balanced. So if your Jeep is an 87 or newer, yes you can use the 2.8 flywheel on the Camaro engine.

Быть в зависимости от маховика год 2.8.

Более старое 2.8' s внешне был сбалансирован с весами на маховике. Более последние одни (87+) внутренне были сбалансированы. Так если ваш виллис 87 или нове, то, да вы можете использовать маховик 2.8 на двигателе Camaro.

Я надеюсь это переведенное о'кей.

Babelfish холодно (Babelfish is cool)
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Thanks! My Jeep 84 of year of manufacture.
                At first I will order spare parts on 3.4 because he demands repair. Unfortunately on such rare cars it is necessary to buy spare parts on ebay. And to wait almost month.
                Я надеюсь это переведенное о'кей.
                Also as well as from Russian on English

Comment

When you repair the 3.4L you will need a flywheel from a 2.8L S-10 Truck from 1988 or later. A Camaro flywheel will not work.

When you order valve train parts just order a COMP Cams K Kit. This will give you all the parts you need in one box so you wont miss anything and have to wait another month. You can also order higher ratio rockers from COMP Cams.
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                  X