This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva View Post
    I cut 3.5 seconds off her stock times with a 3.4 swap, 3.5 upper, 80MM TB...
    Is that a custom? The 65MM throttle body was the largest I've seen that I recall. (For some reason 72MM came to mind, but even that's smaller.)
    - Stephen Brand

Comment

I don't know how a 80mm fits let alone leaves Any street-ability

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

I just got done swapping a getrag 282 into my 96 GPse. Also a 3100v6 SFI.

Be sure to only use a getrag from a w-body. The same transmission, in other bodies, will have a different bolt pattern for the mounts. I found the 88-91 Grand Prix's, especially the McLaren Turbo has the parts you need. The axles won't match though, I believe a 93 (bah I forget the name) will match. I have the link somewhere.

You need the pedal assembly to mount the clutch. That requires the entire dash to come out. OR, like I did, measure-cut-weld-bolt a custom rig to bolt the clutch to the existing assembly. Used 16ga steel, worked great. But the placement must be precise or the Master Cylinder may fail its seal.
        The w-body trans mount for the getrag-282 is rare now. I found 1 at rockautoparts, PontiacJeff found a performance mount for $135...then.

If price is not as important, the Getrag 284 is better...imho but the 282 is quite strong from what I hear/read.
        Last edited by TGP37; 12-16-2011, 02:23 PM.
        1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

80mm TB came from an Aurora motor, I adapted it to the 3.5 upper with a classified and top secret, laminated, organic pressed fiber phenolic material that I found in a NASA scrap pile. (A piece of old laminated cabinet, but my description sounds better! :P)

I then removed the throttle plate, bolted it up to the IUM and used a 1" drill mounted sanding roll and ported the IUM, adapter plate, and TB to a seamless match.

And no, it's track only.
          sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
          A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
          Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
          Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
          PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Cool. I will be staring the build next spring

2001 Grand Prix Topswap GT-(12.71@107.92mph)
            1996 Grand Prix SE-(17.32@80.23mph) Turbo Project
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix-project restore

Comment

If you have the money and the engine out of the car.I would throw a cam in there too.Mine is only .533 lift and really wakes the motor up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bob442 View Post
                QFTT
                and/or they got a great deal on a 3400 top end and have a healthy 3100 bottom end.
                I got lower 3400 intake manifold off of ebay for a dollar. The guy didn't set a reserve, and apparently I was the only one that bid. It's still in storage, waiting for my poor arse to use it. Plus, I'm too busy working on my wife's Hyundai that needs TLC. Yuck.

Anyhow, I was surprised to see this newer thread. Yay 3100!

Comment

the guy obviously isn't looking to swap his engine. I've seen an estimated 215 out of a Quad 4 GTZ http://rides.superstreetonline.com/r...rolet/beretta/

I wouldn't imagine it being hard to pull that out of a 3.1. seeing as how a stock L82 is 160hp, and an LG8 is 175hp. It isn't hard to get 25hp. Look into aftermarket fuel, intake, and exhaust systems. Bigger fuel injectors can make a huge difference. You could always bore your engine, and throw bigger everything inside. There's a number of things you could do. If I were to make a guess as to what the 3.1 can put out without forced induction my best guess would be 220hp - 240hp. Just a guess, I have no numbers to back that possibility.

Comment

Lets just go with....

/thread
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                    X