Comments for this area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments for this area...

Ok, well... lemme just make some comments and perhaps some rules for this section so everyone can get the most out of it. Most of this is common sense, but there are always a select few who need it spelled out....

1. First and foremore, please post in this section vice using email or private messages. I have already gotten a couple PMs from people who had questions. I don't mind this, but I don't know everything and you might not be the only person with the same question.

2. Try to keep the messages performance related. If its maintenance, put it in the maintenance section. If its just a basic question that doesn't deal with trying to get more power out of the car, put it in the general section. I'll make my job easier and will provide for a better organized forum.

3. Even though we don't have filters on here, please keep the language civilized. 99% of the time, there is no reason to cuss. We have always been know as a more mature forum and I would like to keep it that way.

4. Have fun, learn, and pass on your knowledge. If someone asks a question and you have seen the answer before (or know the answer), do a quick search and provide a link. If the person asking the questions has more questions after reading the previous discussions, then we can continue on with the discussion. But there really isn't a need for dozens of threads on the exact same topic.

I guess that's it for now. I am just looking to make this section even better and more informative than it ever has been. I may add to or remove some of the above rules as time goes by, but we'll just play it by ear. As I said, most of it is just common sense, but sometimes some things just need to be stated anyway.
    26+6=1

I think there should be a specific section or "sticky" for 3400 top end swaps with 3.1 and 3100. Its a very popular issue that gets too many threads IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Badass v.2.0
      I think there should be a specific section or "sticky" for 3400 top end swaps with 3.1 and 3100. Its a very popular issue that gets too many threads IMO.
      Yes, that's a good idea. Because I'm all set to ask it again. "Putting 2000+ 3x00 manifolds on to 97 3100. . . .any machining? Gasket matching? Port matching? Are they just plug n play or what?" I re-ask this question every few months cause I've yet to get a clean, clear answer. So yeah, sticky those sorts of threads that answer that question since many people ask it.

Car insurance is legal discrimination

Comment

As far as the complete engine swaps go, check out the Engine Swap section of the main site. As more people do write-ups on swaps, more info will be added to the list.

As far as the manifold question... I'll answer it later in a seperate post, even though for some odd reason I'm sure I have put my dollar's worth in before.
        26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi
          As far as the manifold question... I'll answer it later in a seperate post, even though for some odd reason I'm sure I have put my dollar's worth in before.
          Yes, you probably have answered it in some way, sorry. But I don't remember really and can't go back to GMF to look it up, for obvious reasons. Maybe I should clarify how I need my answer. You see, I'll monkey car and engine specs and industry news/moves/happenings at you all day long, but when it comes to actually working on cars, like you guys here do, I am a complete n00b. When describing to me how to do something, you have to speak slowly, use small words, and maybe even pictures with things circled But fear not, I'd not work on something like a manifold swap on my one and only car by myself, for Russ (3100 top end on 94 Camaro) is willing to help me do the work whenever I get off my lazy ass and finally get the parts.

So remember, speak slowly and use small words, so to speak

Comment

Oh, and at some point I'll probably ask about what head swapping, if worth it, I can do as well.

Comment

I think we need a 3x00 swap section or sticky as in a previous post. Seems everyone in the pushrod performance area is all they ask about. :?

Comment

Working...
              X