Zr1 fuel injectors with 3500 rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zr1 fuel injectors with 3500 rail?

Any idea if zr1 injectors would fit the 3500 fuel rail? A 3rd gen f-body could use the ls1-style plastic fuel tank which would not only work with the returnless rail but would also save some weight. Zr1 injectors might be great for boost.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

are we talking 90-95 ZR1 or the new one?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

New one
      '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

WHY?

Comment

i imagine for the ridiculous flowrate.

each injector is responsible for flowing at least 80HP worth of fuel.

compare that to the 3500, which is like 33.3HP/injector.

those injectors on a 60V6 should be good for ~480HP or so, depending on how oversized GM went with them.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yes I'm planning on a turbo build
            '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Since I'm going to need injectors anyway, I'd rather not have to buy a fuel rail as well since it seems like all aftermarket 3x00 injectors are meant for the 3100/3400 rails.
              '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

According to this:
                Lingenfelter Performance Engineering was founded in 1973 and is a globally recognized brand in the performance engineering industry offering engine building, engine and chassis tuning components and installation for vehicle owners; component product development; services to manufacturers, aftermarket, and original equipment suppliers; prototype and preparation of product development vehicles.

They have "Low Impedance performance characteristics with High Impedance Compatibility 12 Ohms".
                Many large high impedance injectors seem to have bad idling characteristics. They might be great for a high-power build while being more street-friendly.
                '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

surprisingly, ligenfelter was one of the cheaper options for fuel injectors that I could find.
                  "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
                  X