injector for turbo 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector for turbo 3100

I'm in the process of top swapping one of my TGP's to large port 3100 heads and intakes and 56mm 3400 throttle body. I got all the parts dirt cheap a couple weekends ago, just need some time and warm weather to make it all work.

I'm curious as to opinions on whether I should run the 22.5# LG8 injectors which would keep flow rate identical to the stock LG5, or run a set of 28# Atlas 4.2 injectors that I have laying around. I'll probably send out one of the sets for rebuilding/flow-matching.

On one hand, a top swap doesn't seem like a huge upgrade necessitating larger injectors, but at the same time I'd be running stock injectors on what has essentially become a turbocharged LG8, and turbocharging generally would necessitate larger injectors.
    Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

I would definitely go with larger injectors. Your limiting factor is probably gonna be the turbo at this point though.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

i would say depending how heavily you want to breathe on it, the stock L67 injectors might not be a bad route.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I'm now leaning toward running the larger ones as well. Definitely don't need 36 pounders though. For the foreseeable future, the T25 is remaining.
        Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
        1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

Working...
        X