No announcement yet.

1st gen S10 3.4 swap buildup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted lately but have been busy on the s 10. Here's some pictures

Comment

What was wrong with the rocker arms? Camaro studs are the same as S10 ones. Also did you get a chance to put valve stem seals on the intake and exhaust?
      1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
      1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
      Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

The studs were bigger. I used the old nuts and bushings off the old rockers. He put the umbrella seals on it.

Comment

Did you get rocker balls for a 3/8" stud perhaps? That would be my guess since all Iron head motors have the same studs. COMP does have Magnum Rocker arms for 10mm studs. Getting seals on all 12 valves is great. I can go an entire extended drain oil change with no missing oil. Its great to have a motor from that era that does not use a drop because it was built right. Some new engines can't even claim that.

Comment

I don't doubt that comp cams put the wrong nuts and rocker balls in my kit. They sent me a cam that wasn't tapped for the timing chain. I bought the complete kit with push rods for the 60 degree v6. It runs smooth with no valve train noise. You can tell the engine was balanced.

Comment

Wow that's not like them. But I hear they are great with customer service. We're they helpful when you called them? I know if it was MSD or Centerforce they would have blamed the problem on you.

Comment

I ended up putting 4.3 50lb injectors and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator on the engine. Man what a difference! It idles perfect with no drivability issues. I drove it around the house down the back roads for 55 miles and is doing great. I got the transmission TV cable adjusted better where it shifts correctly. The guy that rebuilt the trans did a excellent job. It does pretty good burn outs without having to brake torque it. Really pleased how it turned out.uploadfromtaptalk1433354549237.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X