v-1 vortech supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v-1 vortech supercharger

I may be able to get my greedy little hands on an mustang supercharger kit...where I work we have a cnc plasma and I'm good friend with the engineer for the brackets. Do you guys think a lz9 will like it? It made 8lbs on a 5.0l , should make a bin more on a 3900

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

3900 responds well to boost. good tune obviously like all other engines is a must. I think a chevette with a cam swap will be plenty fast without a blower though.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcheese View Post
      3900 responds well to boost. good tune obviously like all other engines is a must. I think a chevette with a cam swap will be plenty fast without a blower though.
      Especially for a 16 year old girl... We'll see, she is 10 now and I take her out once a week on the r1...she loves it so by the time she's 16 she'll be used to it. Something she can go racing with on the weekends

Comment

Funny you brought this up because while originally considering a low boost turbo setup for my 3.9L daily driver/work van having had bikes, boosted cars,etc in the past, I just don't think I'll have the time between work and family life for the downtime fab/setup of a turbo setup anytime soon.

So I started thinking about an M90 GM style supercharger as a potential option. Only thing is locating a shop around Memphis, TN that could be trusted to do the fabbing to mate the M90 to the LZ9. Even with the power robbing characteristics of the SC, since I'm not looking to add 100hp it MIGHT be a bit more cost effective than a turbo depending on SC mounting adapter and how I have to drive the SC pulley.

Have to do more research on this though, the last 3 work weeks ranged 55-70 hours so not much time for reading up lately.

Comment

I have access to cnc plasma to make brackets...but haven't done much research yet. Front mount intercooler, probably around 10lbs. We're in no hurry because she's only 10. But the supercharger kit is for a mustang...also we've switched from a chevette to a fox mustang( what she wanted). But I'll keep you guys posted

Comment

Working...
          X