Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfmorance Cam. RWD and FWD interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfmorance Cam. RWD and FWD interchange?

Summit has a cam set for the 60 degree V6 engines from the late 80s to early 90s. I believe that it is developed for the RWD versions of these engines, but want to put it in a FWD 3.1 FI engine. Disregard tuning and all that stuff, I just want to know if anyone definitely knows if they are the same or different in design. Thanks.

What year FWD?
    sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
    - Ben

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
      What year FWD?
      This^^^ There were changes to the cam design over the years where some cams can interchange between FWD and RWD and other years will not.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the engine is a 92 model.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

In 1992 there could have been any one of 3 generations in a FWD vehicle. So now you need to narrow it down by model of vehicle, better yet, posting a picture of the engine in question would be even better.

Comment

It is a 92 4 door Lumina. I'm fairly certain it has the steel torque bar mount on the passenger side, not the aluminum one.

Comment

From what I can see the 1992 Lumina uses the Gen2, which can use the same flat tappet cams as the gen1.

Comment

Thank you for the replies and info, you have made my decision to purchase much easier!!!

Comment

Working...
                X