pushrod length...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pushrod length...

Never used a pushrod length checker before to determine necessary pushrod length, seems simple enough though, put the checker in, rotate engine, check contact patch on valvestem, order pushrods. am I missing something here?

Thanks-

Eric
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Yeah, thats not how you do it. If you had adjustable rocker arms, then yes, but with a set rocker, your geometry is done. What you need to do is determine the length necessary to give you proper preload in the lifter. Rotate the engine so the lifter is on the base circle (no lift). Then install the adjustable pushrod at its shortest length, and tighten the rocker down. Adjust the pushrod so it is held in place but doesn't push the plunger down on the lifter. Pushrod should be able to spin freely in this position. Tape the pushrod and remove it for measurement. If the pushrod is too long to get this measurement, you can also adjust the pushrod so it fully bottoms out the plunger in the lifter. For Gen 3 60V6, there is about .153" of plunger travel in the lifter. If you can get both measurements, add them up and divide by 2. Otherwise you can take the maxed plunger measurement and subtract .075" for the pushrod length necessary.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
    X